What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The third series in the CW's DC Television Universe, Legends of Tomorrow stars Arthur Darvill ("Doctor Who") as time traveler Rip Hunter, who has been tasked assembling a team to stop a planet-ending threat.

Landing in the current time, he assembles a ragtag team from those up-and-comers that future generations will remember as legendary heroes and villains.

The supporting cast includes Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, Caity Lotz, Ciarra Renee as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl, Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson with Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave and Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and Sarah Schechter are the EPs.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've completely missed this. Any idea if it's good?

Please answer no, because I don't have time for more sci-fi / superhero shows this summer :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Given that the CW now has far more shows than it has available slots on its schedule, it's going to be interesting to see how they schedule things. I could see them keeping both "The 100" and "iZombie" on shorter seasons, with one following the other in the same time slot, but that doesn't explain everything.

Interesting that they got Victor Garber but not Robbie Amell, since the characters they play were literally inseparable for long periods of time when they last appeared on "The Flash".

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Official press materials from today's Upfront presentation, which confirmed a midseason debut:

View attachment 19055

“DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW”

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW stars Victor Garber (“The Flash,” “Alias”); Brandon Routh (“Arrow,” “Superman Returns”); Arthur Darvill (“Doctor Who”); Caity Lotz (“Arrow”); Ciarra Renee (“Pippin”); Franz Drameh (“Edge of Tomorrow”); with Dominic Purcell (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”); and Wentworth Miller (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”). Based on the characters from DC Comics, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”), Marc Guggenheim (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Eli Stone,” “Warehouse 13”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”).

The "First Look" trailer:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc&index=82&list=WL[/media]

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good trailer. I don't know that I've got interest in another DC superhero show, but I'm a sucker for "travel through time", so I will have to check it out.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I liked the trailer but liked the Supergirl one more. How are they going to handle Captain Cold and Heatwave who are still villains on the Flash?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It looks something happens to Ronnie (Robbie Amell).

Also, Caity Lotz > Katie Cassidy. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Chuck", "Forever" vet Phil Klemmer tapped as showrunner

I'm glad they're bringing in fresh blood for this one. The core DC Television Universe trio of Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg are overextended as it is, and last season it started to show. Berlanti is splitting his time between four or five different shows. Kreisberg is splitting his time between "Arrow", "The Flash" and "Supergirl", Guggenheim is splitting his time between "Arrow" and this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First look at Hawkman and Hawkgirl:

LegendsOfTomorrow_S01_001.jpg

The helmets look awesome. Ciara Renée is one of the series leads as Hawkgirl. Falk Hentschel will recur as Hawkman.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Where are their wings?

P.S. Not a fan of Hawkman's mask. Hawkgirl's is fine though.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
The look more Wolverinish than Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Would rather they had some red and green instead of brown. The wings are most likely going to be CGI.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Starts next year, probably during the winter.

Most of the characters will be appearing on FLASH and/or ARROW before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks