What's new

The Sunshine Boys (1975) coming to BD via WAC (1 Viewer)

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/photos/a.275238161562.177744.205910361562/10153316893196563/?type=1&theater

The Sunshine Boys (1975)
BD-50
1080p HD 1.78 FF
COLOR
DTS-HD MA 2.0 MONO
SUBTITLES: ENGLISH SDH
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Full-length feature commentary by RICHARD BENJAMIN
Make-up tests (silent) with WALTER MATTHAU and JACK BENNY (originally intended co-star) (SD)
PHIL SILVERS screen test (SD)
THE LION ROARS AGAIN 1975 MGM promotional film featuring sequence with cast members of THE SUNSHINE BOYS (SD)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
THE GOODBYE GIRL would have been a better choice from Neil Simon and Herbert Ross. Thank you Warner for the reissue of WHOS LIFE IS IT ANYWAY?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Sold. This is a terrific movie and am pleasantly surprised to see this on BD.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
More Herbert Ross films that Warner could release---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
trajan said:
More Herbert Ross films that Warner could release---GOODBYE MR CHIPS---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN.
I assumed WA's next announcement was going to be Pennies from Heaven because I bought the DVD-MOD of the movie a couple of months ago, and that's the way my luck runs.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Matt Hough said:
I assumed WA's next announcement was going to be Pennies from Heaven because I bought the DVD-MOD of the movie a couple of months ago, and that's the way my luck runs.
I have the original release of PENNIES FROM HEAVEN and the picture quality is terrible. How is the Warner archive release?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
trajan said:
THE GOODBYE GIRL would have been a better choice from Neil Simon and Herbert Ross. Thank you Warner for the reissue of WHOS LIFE IS IT ANYWAY?
Agreed on The Goodbye Girl. However one thing about this site is that I get info on very interesting movies I either didn't know existed or barely knew. This title is case in point. I might have known but my then 14 yo self didn't have the $$ to go to the theater, especially since I had to spring for the girl.
This movie might have made for a nice date movie.
On my purchase list The Sunshine Boys goes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My favorite Neil Simon film comes to Blu-ray. WOO-HOO!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
trajan said:
I have the original release of PENNIES FROM HEAVEN and the picture quality is terrible. How is the Warner archive release?

I have only watched it once since I got it, but I was rather pleased with it. All I had was the laserdisc, and I felt this was a step up from it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The promo that is included with the disc (THE LION ROARS) is fantastic as well. You get a behind-the-scenes look at the MGM studio including the filming of LOGANS RUN which was in production at the time.

So happy this film is making it to Blu-ray.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert Harris said:
You should let WB know that you're willing to oversee releases.

I had the best laugh this morning after reading this comment.

I am not picking on anyone in particular. This is done all the time on this forum -- and I suppose it will continue to be done...

Why is it when a studio announces a title that may be a favorite of a few, there are others that immediately have to pounce on the announcement saying that something similar should have been released instead?

It's called thread farting.

The Sunshine Boys just happens to be one of my all-time favorite comedies. I saw it at Radio City Music Hall. I saw it several times in smaller theaters. I think the cast (mainly Burns, Matthau and Benjamin) are superb in this film. It really is a fantastic film.

So, consider this me trying to put this thread back on track. Yeah, there are other Neil Simon comedies out there that will probably one day have their turn, but I am so happy that Warner chose to go for the lesser popular title because there are some of us out here that think it's one of the best!

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Ronald Epstein said:
I had the best laugh this morning after reading this comment.

I am not picking on anyone in particular. This is done all the time on this forum -- and I suppose it will continue to be done...

Why is it when a studio announces a title that may be a favorite of a few, there are others that immediately have to pounce on the announcement saying that something similar should have been released instead?

It's called thread farting.

The Sunshine Boys just happens to be one of my all-time favorite comedies. I saw it at Radio City Music Hall. I saw it several times in smaller theaters. I think the cast (mainly Burns, Matthau and Benjamin) are superb in this film. It really is a fantastic film.

So, consider this me trying to put this thread back on track. Yeah, there are other Neil Simon comedies out there that will probably one day have their turn, but I am so happy that Warner chose to go for the lesser popular title because there are some of us out here that think it's one of the best!
As I said in an earlier comment--Anything from Neil Simon and Herbert Ross is welcome. Yes I would love to oversee their releases. I must give credit though to Warner for releasing a number of films I have been asking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks