What's new

Looking for Light Control App..... (1 Viewer)

HalAC

Auditioning
Real Name
Hal C.
I am in the midst of trying to design and install lighting in my home theater project. I would like to go with LED lights that can be individually controlled via an app that can be run on my Android OS tablet.

I just purchased a WINK starter package that comes with a hub and two lamps. When I went to download the WINK App from Google Play, I get a message on the download page that it cannot be downloaded to my device.

Is anyone aware of a third party app that will work with any Android tablet and control WINK lamps? Also what has been your experience with this app?

Thanks in advance.

HalAC

Auditioning
Real Name
Hal C.
Wow, no replies in over two days after initial post.

I wonder if I might be better off getting an iPad to do my lighting and home theater remote?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Sorry, I don't have any experience with Android and Wink. I just recently installed some Philips Hue Lux (white) bulbs and am playing with a couple of different apps on my iPhone and iPad. None do everything I want, but I haven't tried any of the paid apps yet.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm using a SMART Devices theatre dimmer unit that my automation will prompt the dimmer to go to half light and/or total dim. I use the small clickers (fobs) for the high intensity purple/red lights that are over the curtain.

Attachments

• IMG_2163.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 44
  • SS 15.jpg
    SS 15.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks