What's new

John Carpenter's Christine on Bluray (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
From what I can tell John Carpenter's movie Christine doesn't seem to be available on bluray disc in the US market. Does anyone here have a import that is compatible with US players and where did you get it from? Is there any news of Christine getting a new HD transfer for our market? I would love to see a good HD transfer of this movie especially since I have not seen it in many years.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Hi Dave. Don't know if this helps, but it might be a start.

Edit: Universal Sony Pictures! released Christine on Blu here in Australia last year, and it's available from major distributor JB Hi-Fi:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/horror/christine/616886/

I haven't bought it, so I can't vouch for it. The promotional info says it is a region B disc, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is locked. Many discs bearing that info turn out to be region free. But as I say, I can't confirm either way.

If it does turn out to be region free, it can be a good pick-up with current exchange rates.

Happy hunting!

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Dave Moritz said:
From what I can tell John Carpenter's movie Christine doesn't seem to be available on bluray disc in the US market. Does anyone here have a import that is compatible with US players and where did you get it from? Is there any news of Christine getting a new HD transfer for our market? I would love to see a good HD transfer of this movie especially since I have not seen it in many years.
maybe you can wait a bit, because it is said that the 3rd re-issued title by Twilight Time (After Journey to the Center of the Earth and Fright Night), will be this.

i think we will know this year, or early next year.

By the way, from the way you talk, i got that you weren't aware of the first Bluray either?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave Moritz said:

The original Twilight Time Bluray sold out in less than 12 hours. By reports this is definitely going to be reissued by TT once the original 3 year exclusivity period ends though there is some debate exactly when that might be.

There are multiple international releases that are all Region Free and by reports have a nearly identical transfer.

Amazon.de as well as France, Spain Italy

JBHifi from Australia

The Japanese edition from Yesasia, cdjapan, and I think a couple of the other common import sites. Many people have gotten the Japanese Christine/Fright Night double feature and have been quite pleased with the disc quality

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
By the way, from the way you talk, i got that you weren't aware of the first Bluray either?

You are correct I was not aware of the first bluray. There are a few titles that are on my list ahead of this one so I will wait for the time being. Money is tight and money I would be using for movies is being diverted into saving up for a UHD Bluray player. If for some reason I do not buy a uhd bluray player that money will go towards a new ht receiver.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I hope they re release Christine . I missed it the first time around . I also missed Fright Night the first time around . I planned on getting that when it went back up for sale but ... Underestimated how fast it would go and missed it again . :wub: . Did get JTTCOTE on the second go round . So I'll be pro active if Christine goes back up for sale again .

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I have the German release its great and will cost you less than half a new TT version should they reissue it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks