What's new

HTF Member Michael Deakin has passed unexpectedly (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Please join me in sending the deepest condolences mixed with warmest memories of our friend Michael Deakin, whom we have learned has passed by a family member's update on Facebook. Michael's passing is unexpected and we do not have any details at this time.

12-HTF-Meet-7417 by Kadath, on Flickr

Tho Michael was an occasional poster he was a huge part of our meets. We will miss him terribly.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/user/279216-michael-deakin/

08-hollywood-HTF-3974
by Kadath, on Flickr

08-hollywood-HTF-4027
by Kadath, on Flickr

08-hollywood-HTF-3746
by Kadath, on Flickr

08-HollywoodHTF-4847
by Kadath, on Flickr

08-HollywoodHTF-4851
by Kadath, on Flickr

12-HTF-Meet-7393
by Kadath, on Flickr

12-HTF-Meet-7902
by Kadath, on Flickr

His first trip to In N Out:

IMG_1095
by Patcave, on Flickr

PS_21363
by Patcave, on Flickr

IMG_0727
by Patcave, on Flickr

IMG_0177
by Patcave, on Flickr

PS_21376
by Patcave, on Flickr

PS_21771
by Patcave, on Flickr

PS_20399
by Patcave, on Flickr

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is tough.

Whenever it was time for one of our meets to roll around, I always looked forward to seeing Michael and his stepdaughter, Jennifer.

The both of them consistently made the trek from the U.K. to California to be attendees of our event.

The one thing that comes to mind about Michael is that he always had a smile on his face. He was a very warm, kind individual. He had lost his wife several years ago and since then, continued to look after his disabled stepdaughter, Jennifer. She was his utmost concern.

His love for his wife and dedication to their daughter was inspiring.

It's hard to believe Mike is gone. So sudden. With another meet on the horizon this year, it's very sad to know that I won't be seeing him again.

Rest in peace my friend!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for those photos of Michael, Sam. I didn't realize I was in so many of them, but I'm glad we got to hang out as a member of the same van group. I was hoping to see Michael and Jennifer again at the upcoming meet, but alas...

If you look at his HTF profile, Michael's occupation is "carer." I find that wholly appropriate for the brief time I got to spend with this sweet-natured and clever fellow. My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to his family.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cameron Yee said:
Thanks for those photos of Michael, Sam. I didn't realize I was in so many of them, but I'm glad we got to hang out as a member of the same van group. I was hoping to see Michael and Jennifer again at the upcoming meet, but alas...
You bet Cam. I smiled a lot going through those pics, the HTF meets are some of my favorite memories ever. Michael was so friendly and insightful during them that I always wished he'd post more often, but I think he liked just soaking it all in here.

Definitely bumming me out that I won't get to see you at the HTF guys and gals at the meet this year, I wish I could do both trips!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, very sad news indeed as I met Michael several years ago during one of our Meets and continued to see him during later Meets. A nice chap that will be missed by all of us, may in R.I.P.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Priscilla and I got to know Michael and Jennifer well at the Meet in 2012, and we had a lot of fun riding together in the same van. Our condolences to his family.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
This is shocking and painful news. As you can see from the photos, I spent a lot of time with Michael and Jennifer at the last two HTF meets and he was one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. I was hoping to see them again later this year.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Gee, how sad. First, Steve Tannehill. Now this.

Looking at these posted photos, it looked as if he was, indeed, a friendly man. And to say he came all the way over here from the U.K...????

How telling.

Anytime someone from the HTF passes on, it is a sad time, indeed. My condolences to Mr. Deakin's stepdaughter and others he leaves behind.

R.I.P., Mr. Deakin.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Tina_H_V said:
Gee, how sad. First, Steve Tannehill. Now this.

Looking at these posted photos, it looked as if he was, indeed, a friendly man. And to say he came all the way over here from the U.K...????

How telling.

I met Michael and Jennifer at the 2008 Hollywood meet. I was one of the van drivers and they were assigned to my van. Jennifer required extra time and help to get in and out of the van but Michael was always very patient with her. We hit it off from the beginning and the three of us got together frequently during the 2012 meet. At that time Michael said that he didn't believe that Jennifer would be able to make another transcontinental trip. but I was hoping to see him again this year.

Jennifer must be devastated.Michael doted on her.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Richard Gallagher said:
I met Michael and Jennifer at the 2008 Hollywood meet. I was one of the van drivers and they were assigned to my van. Jennifer required extra time and help to get in and out of the van but Michael was always very patient with her. We hit it off from the beginning and the three of us got together frequently during the 2012 meet. At that time Michael said that he didn't believe that Jennifer would be able to make another transcontinental trip. but I was hoping to see him again this year.

Jennifer must be devastated.Michael doted on her.
It is even more great and telling that you three were able to have that time together--particularly in 2012. Even if Jennifer was unable to make another transcontinental trip, I am sure that Michael was looking forward as well this year.

I can only imagine how Jennifer must be holding up. Whenever a loved one passes on who doted their own with such love and affection, the loss of that person can be trying.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
What sad news.

I met Michael a long time ago at a HTF Meet. I really enjoyed the our conversations and like so many here admired his devotion to Jennifer.

He was taken far too soon and will be missed.

My condolences to Jennifer and the rest of his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks