What's new

Witcher 3 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Embargo is up, 2 day preview players are very enthusiastic and Ultra graphics are definitely looking good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE&feature=youtu.be&a

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036594

I've got it preordered for PC only due to massive discounts via GMG 6 months ago for having bought Witcher 2 from them (for like $5)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
oh man that's 26 gigs of pretty!

still on Witcher 1, rebought Witcher 2 over the weekend to have on steam and already have on gog just in case. .51 in trading card sales (tried to make it MORE... :( ) and it was only 2.48!! way way too low.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I skimmed through the first video Sam shared and all I saw was traveling. But I suppose if I watched a video of my Fallout games, it would be all traveling too :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm one who loves traveling as long as it's exploring too. Not just A to B. But A, then attacked, then find treasure chest, then get stopped by a dude wanting me to help free his people from a tyrant Orc, then B. ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Perhaps the game's greatest advancement:

3rLhwAJ.png

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Took the rest of the day off work, picked up my copy at the store, and have been playing through the prologue right now (just after passing through the burned-out village where the dude gets attacked by the griffon).

Have beaten both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 multiple times each (Vernon Roche's path is going to be my default "canon" for Part 3 -- spared Letho, spared Saskia, killed Iorveth, King Foltest saved), so I'm interested to see where this all goes.

Playing this on PS4 -- thought about going full #PCMASTERRACE for this one, but I need to upgrade one or two things, and haven't been disappointed so far, here. At least it's running at full 1080p and locked 30fps, according to Digital Foundry (there's no way my rig could crush 1440p Ultra right at the moment).

As long as this keeps going as well as it has, I'm perfectly fine with playing on console; besides, I was also wanting to beef up my PS4 library a bit, and this looks to be a great title to do it with.

Damn, but I got distracted by everything in that first village, saving people from wolf-attacks, running off to fight Drowners along the coastline, and OCD-gathering every single last herb that popped up on my HUD. What's-his-name (my mentor on the horse) was getting super-pissed at me.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Haha -- just died, and while waiting for the game to reload, one of the loading-screen bits of "wisdom" just now:

WHEN THE TIME OF THE WHITE FROST COMES, DO NOT EAT THE YELLOW SNOW.

:lol: :lol:

Also, love whistling for my horse like I'm MOTHERFUCKIN' JOHN MARSTON.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oops! Don't throw me out! lol ... I was actually thinking it used both steam and uplay. Some do that. I'm happy if it doesn't and agree to avoid uplay when possible.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I'm balls-deep in Novigrad, and feeling like I need to head back out to the wilds again. Right now I'm playing on "Blood and Broken Bones"-difficulty. I'm not finding the lack of healing during meditation that unmanageable, but damn, the game is stingy with money.

As soon as I got to Novigrad, I exchanged all my currency and sold everything in my inventory that I had more than 5-10 of, and took out a loan from the bank. Got my gear upgraded to the Griffin Witcher stuff, and I'm sitting pretty on 500 gold with a nice set of saddlebags and a recently-won upgraded saddle.

Roach is such a prissy bitch -- I swear, every time I call him, the bastard is off somewhere eating grass and just ignores me. "Fuck off, Geralt...you have legs, walk."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks