What's new

Yamaha Receiver Turning Off--Looking for Help (1 Viewer)

BigDaddyJeff

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
I have a Yamaha RX-V2300 receiver bought in 2003. It has been working great until recently and has started to shut down at random times. I read some of the strings on the site and here is what I know:

The cause is not the speakers as I have disconnected all of them and it still shuts off.

I have also disconnected all of the other inputs (DVD player, TV, etc) and it still shuts off.

I thought maybe it's a bad power cord but it seems to have a pretty snug connection. If I wiggle it, it does not cause the receiver to shut down.

HOWEVER, if I lift the receiver or move the entertainment center I have it in, it shuts off.

Or it just randomly shuts off if I leave it still. It may take 30 seconds or 10 minutes, but POOF, it shuts off.

One other note--something weird started happening about 2 years ago. Not sure why this started, but when I change inputs I hear a deep pop in my subwoofer. This did not happen for the first 10 years I had this unit.

I don't want to spin my wheels too much on this, but if anyone has any solutions that will not cost a fortune, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I may just bite the bullet and hit the market for some new hardware.

Thanks in advance!

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Wow, I had to download the manual... There might be a museum somewhere that could display that antique. Otherwise, I think you're ready for a new one!

Question is, what legacy connections are you still using on that receiver that you'll need on a current model? You might have to upgrade more than just the AVR if you've got a lot of S-video and TOSlink connections in play....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks