What's new

pick this apart (1 Viewer)

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
I have posted previously on my proposed HT. Moving in next Friday and have gathered almost everything but screen and projector.

I have approx 22X38 room total to play with, planning on 16'X22' room for HT (oriented longways) and 22'X22' "rec room" with pool table, bar, smaller TV for video games etc between HT and main house.

Where I stand now:

HT:

Have:

Paradigm Monitor 7's Mains, CC370, PDR 12 (to be replaced by HSU 15" probably), Onkyo NR717, Paradigm Mini Monitors for rears.

want input on room design and screen/pj and general layout and plan

tentatively planning on a more affordable combo (BeQ1070 or Epson 3020/Elite or Silver Ticket 120' to 135' AT screen) and two rows of seating starting at about 10' back with 12" elevation on rear row. No light, dedicated room.

these rooms will be gutted and reframed and drywalled, planning on rockwool insulation or acoustic drywall (living area upstairs). Slab on grade that is sandwiched between garage and living area.

Also curious what is best door between two rooms to allow for movie viewing and kid shenanigans (or adult shenanigans if kids are watching movie) and best door between this area and house. I want this to be as isolated as possible but have to be reasonably careful of the MIL quarters upstairs.

That is all I can think of for now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks