What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Cake -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

In the fall of 1994, before people came to know her as Rachel Green on the long-running hit TV show, Friends, Jennifer Aniston had already been earning her stripes on other TV series.

While I was never a huge fan of the show, I appreciated her for her comic abilities, while never taking her terribly seriously as an "actress."  As a side-note I did love her work in Rumor Has it..., the sequel to the iconic The Graduate.

That said, it's impossible to not look at Ms Anniston as a serious actress after seeing her work in Cake, directed by Daniel Barnz.

As one heads toward their late 40s, and especially within the artificial world of Hollywood, the exterior seems to be everything.  And in Cake, Ms Aniston not only doesn't glam up, she takes herself down in appearance -- playing a woman in constant physical pain, almost always looking as she has just climbed out of bed.

This is one gusty performance, and in my humble opinion, discussions for awards were proper.

Now on Blu-ray, after a 2k post, the film is perfectly replicated for home theater presentation.

If you're a fan of Rachel (or not), this is a performance worth seeing.  Adrianna Barraza also needs to be mentioned for the quality of her work.

​Cake is 102 minutes of your time, well spent.

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks