What's new

Being logged out (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I was on the forum earlier today and I didn't have to log in. I usually stay logged in automatically because I don't click on the Sign Out button. However, when I came back to the forum this evening, I was logged out and had to sign in. WTF?

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is, earlier today, I logged into the forum via my iPhone.

Does logging in with one device automatically result in you getting signed off on a different device or computer?

It's my computer that got logged out (iMac running Safari browser).

I could understand it if I hadn't been on the forum in awhile. But I was just on here this morning (and yesterday too).

????????

Mark

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Alas, not a glitch. The forum resets itself every few months so you will have to re-enter your password information.

I think it only happens twice a year.

I kind of think this may not be a problem moving forward and you'll see why shortly. :)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ronald Epstein said:
Alas, not a glitch. The forum resets itself every few months so you will have to re-enter your password information.

I think it only happens twice a year.

I kind of think this may not be a problem moving forward and you'll see why shortly. :)

Apologies for the inconvenience.
OOOh, secrets.....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most websites/forums require you to login periodically. I don't think I've ever been on one that keeps you logged in forever based on a single sign-in.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Well, I got logged out on the Android app this morning, and cannot log back in. Can't reset my password on the app, either.

Tried to change my password here using Chrome on my PC, but clicking the AdminCP link at the top of the page just takes me to a blank page.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Scott,

Sometimes mobile devices will have a copy of an old cookie. I would suggest signing out and clearing cache/data for the tapatalk app on your device and then signing back in.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Dave Upton said:
Scott,

Sometimes mobile devices will have a copy of an old cookie. I would suggest signing out and clearing cache/data for the tapatalk app on your device and then signing back in.

Dave, another comment. I've noticed over the last few days since the site has been worked on that our avatars are missing in the "Recent Topics" column on the right of the page.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JoelA said:
Dave, another comment. I've noticed over the last few days since the site has been worked on that our avatars are missing in the "Recent Topics" column on the right of the page.

That's intentional, Joel. An attempt to speed up the page load times.

I only know because I asked Dave the same question! :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sure!

I think it makes that particular spot look even tidier...

The avatars there really weren't adding any value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks