What's new

N00b project (1 Viewer)

Elliott Phillips

Auditioning
I have a load of experience in the pro audio world (recording, live mixing, production, performance, etc.), but I'm completely new to the Home Theater world.

I have an idea for a project I'd love to do, but I have no idea if it's at all feasible. I have a high-end set of computer speakers (2 bookshelf speakers and a 12" sub) that I got a few years ago, and I'd like to expand those into a surround system, as my computer desk basically is my "theater" in my apartment.

My question is as such - Is there any way I could go out and get a receiver and a few more bookshelf speakers to create a simple budget 5.1 system? Or is this not possible?

I appreciate the help.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Is there any way I could go out and get a receiver and a few more bookshelf speakers to create a simple budget 5.1 system?

Sure, no problem at all. The one glitch is that you want your center channel to have the same tonal characteristics as you L/R (basically, be from the same line of speakers). The surrounds (and sub) can be different.

What model speakers do you have? For that matter, what kind of sub (does it have an LFE input and is it powered or not)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks