What's new

VIZIO upgrades their M-Series Lineup to 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Forgive me for my typing and brevity here (on my iPhone) but while browsing WalMart, I've come across Vizio's newly-released second generation of M-Series UHD TVs. So far I've seen the 43", 55" and 60" 4K sets.
A quick check of Vizio's site shows their 70" and 80" 4K models (the 80" is due out shortly.
Vizio might also have released a 49" version (I own the 1st gen 49" M Series) but that would directly compete with their own P Series 4K 50" model.

Expert Opinions sought.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I've looked in Wal-Mart (in Viera) and while I am not in a rush I have a cheapo 50 inch HDTV in a spare system and an almost 12 year Vizio (1080p) 42 inch in another spare 2-channel system where I use the monitor for computer audio. I look basically if something breaks and I would need to buy something. I know Vizio has a new 50 inch model - http://www.vizio.com/tvs/m50c1.html

I probably would go a little higher end this time. I only sit about 7.5 feet away from the 50 inch display and while the room doesn't get used often for movies it would be nice to have a bit better display for a few hundred more.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Phil A said:
I've looked in Wal-Mart (in Viera) and while I am not in a rush I have a cheapo 50 inch HDTV in a spare system and an almost 12 year Vizio (1080p) 42 inch in another spare 2-channel system where I use the monitor for computer audio. I look basically if something breaks and I would need to buy something. I know Vizio has a new 50 inch model - http://www.vizio.com/tvs/m50c1.html

I probably would go a little higher end this time. I only sit about 7.5 feet away from the 50 inch display and while the room doesn't get used often for movies it would be nice to have a bit better display for a few hundred more.
We've been to the Viera WalMart and the Avenues many a time. That area is really expanding big time. Nice we only live 15 miles from The Avenues.

Lordy my 49" M-Series HDTV is barely 8 months old and already made obsolescent by that 50" 4K M series model. Wonder what will become of Vizio's P-Series lineup?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Kyrsten Brad said:
We've been to the Viera WalMart and the Avenues many a time. That area is really expanding big time. Nice we only live 15 miles from The Avenues.

Lordy my 49" M-Series HDTV is barely 8 months old and already made obsolescent by that 50" 4K M series model. Wonder what will become of Vizio's P-Series lineup?
That's the nature of digital or video. Technology changes. That's why I seldom go top of the line on either unless its used like my DAC purchase for the main system. See this for Vizio - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1974025-vizio-launches-2015-m-series-e-series.html

I'm only about 4 miles or a hair less from the Avenues. I haven't been in the area a long time. The house is 2 years old but I've really lived in it for about 16-17 months.

I have projectors in the main system and bedroom system (main system is little thumbnail for my avatar and bedroom system is below) so I don't do tons of watching on other system but I would like a nicer 4K TV in the one room when the time is right. Not in a rush.

MBR System.JPG

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
schan1269 said:
Are these still fauxK?

Since it is Literal Crap Display...

Serious movie watchers aren't interested.
Explain...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Alright, wasn't sure if it was just a general opinion on Vizio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks