What's new

We NEED a Bluray of "The Big Sleep" (1946) (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Well the German site where I first saw the, Hollywood's Golden Year films, still lists Passage To Marseille (1944), although it's obviously not going to be a May release, so I'm thinking that it's maybe part of a small box. We have the Sinatra films in May & Hollywood's Golden Year in June, so fingers crossed for July!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Big Sleep is of course totally indispensable .. .at least, the second version is.

For its preferred stable-mate, I'd plump for 'To Have and Have Not', partly for the wonderful appearance by Hoagy Carmichael, as well as for Lauren Bacall's debut.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
It may or may not mean anything, but both The Big Sleep and Key Largo have appeared at Amazon.de (Germany) for pre-order on Blu-ray Disc, due February next year.

Steve w

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Keith Cobby said:
Hasn't The Big Sleep listed before on amazon.de? In the meantime we are all heading inexorably for the big sleep. It can't come soon enough for me, the blu-ray I mean!

Amazon.fr.

Twice!

But, given Warner's recent work, this just feels like the real thing.

I hope so. Claire Trevor's rendition of Moanin' Low is one of the finest pieces of acting ever committed to celluloid.

Steve W

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Craig Beam said:
I'm all over any Bogart on Blu, but I've got a special fondness for Dark Passage, so I really hope that one gets the HD treatment at some point.
I love that one, too. First day purchase for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks