What's new

Is 1492 going to have a US release in my lifetime? (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I think 1492 is one of Ridley Scott's most underrated films. I have the German bluray. Its a mixed bag. Criterion or Twilight Time needs to get their hands on this. .

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
I don't see Criterion dealing with this with a twenty-foot stick. Not up their alley at all.

But I second the motion.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Yes, 1492 is a very good and visually rich epic. Hope to see it on blu someday.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Cremildo said:
I don't see Criterion dealing with this with a twenty-foot stick. Not up their alley at all.
I agree!

I hope TT can tackle this so that we get an isolated score too of the marvellous Vangelis music!

Ernest

Supporting Actor
This is a movie that needs a Region A release but only a restored version that is 3 hours long. I don't see any great sales for the studio to release the Theatrical version that runs 2 1/2 hours because many of us already own the International Blu-ray. The movie was not supported at all by the region 1 (A) market it was a big disappointment for Ridley. Even so it is an excellent movie about a subject, Columbus. most Americans don't care about. If you really like this movie as I do buy the International Blu-ray i doubt you will ever have to double dip. The international Blu-ray may be the best we ever get.
51lW4RN5GAL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks