Real Name
David Matychuk
IMG_1878.JPG

A complete set, I guess.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Physical media is on the way out. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I figured that The Simpsons would keep coming out on DVD even after a nuclear war. I'm guessing that a lack of sales has already made this a final decision but I'll hope that Fox reconsiders based on fan reaction.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classicmovieguy said:
I'm sorry, but for my money I'd rather have something on a disc, IN MY HAND, than stored on a hard-drive that might die, or in a cloud where items may disappear.
I never was the fan of the "cloud," or Warner's Ultraviolet, for that matter (IIRC, it is Warner who does Ultraviolet).

Wezzo

Second Unit
TravisR said:
I figured that The Simpsons would keep coming out on DVD even after a nuclear war. I'm guessing that a lack of sales has already made this a final decision but I'll hope that Fox reconsiders based on fan reaction.

I'll be stunned if they never come out on disc in any form. I suspect Fox offered the MOD format and the crew vetoed that, for whatever reason.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm getting tired of these media companies trying to kill their physical business just because those sales are now falling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't discs (DVD, BD and CD) still generate millions of dollars in profits??? Seems like a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Mr. Handley said:
I'm getting tired of these media companies trying to kill their physical business just because those sales are now falling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't discs (DVD, BD and CD) still generate millions of dollars in profits??? Seems like a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.
That's exactly what it is! Very fair and true assessment.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Richard V said:
I don't think you'll find many supporters of that opinion around here.

Are you kidding? There are more lovers of physical media here than probably anywhere else.

I assume Jean's message includes blu-rays? That sucks, and is short-sighted.

With the exception of one or two years, the Simpsons only released one season a year when they should have been doing 2 or 3 a year.

And I'd bet that Shout Factory or another smaller studio would love to pick up the slack from Fox, if they'd let 'em.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If physical media is "dying," it's not of natural causes. But Fox isn't out of physical media yet if that Lost in Space box set is any indication. They should let Olive, who picked up the rest of King of the Hill, have it if they think enough people want any of these later episodes to own on disc.*

Sam Favate said:
I assume Jean's message includes blu-rays? That sucks, and is short-sighted.

They gave up Blu-rays for TV shows altogether, leaving those of us who actually bought them high and dry.** Those who want our HD-originating shows in HD have no interest in downgrading to SD.

*I stopped at season 12, the year before Al Jean became showrunner. I will never buy another Simpsons product again until remastered Blu-rays of the 20th century episodes are available.

**Want to watch Modern Family on Blu-ray? You can if you don't mind stopping at season 4.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, if the rest of the series doesn't come to DVD, I'm dumping my sets. I don't want another incomplete series. Especially with 2 seasons missing. Fox should release seasons 18 and 19, just to make sure the first 20 seasons are out. Leaving two seasons between 17 and 20 is just stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks