What's new

RIP Geoffrey Lewis at 79 (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Geoffrey_Lewis_Sella_d%27argento.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/geoffrey-lewis-dead-clint-eastwood-juliette-lewis-1201467979/

The familiar actor from so many Clint Eastwoods.

(from Variety)

He had roles in Eastwood’s “High Plains Drifter,” “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot,” as Orville Boggs in “Every Which Way But Loose” and “Any Which Way You Can” as well as in “Bronco Billy,” “Pink Cadillac” and “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.”

Among his other film credits were “The Devil’s Rejects,” Michael Cimino’s “Heaven’s Gate,” John Milius’ “Dillinger,” TV movie “Salem’s Lot” and Michael Ritchie’s “Smile.”

Juliette Lewis posted a tribute on Instagram, saying “He loved us so. I am forever my father’s daughter.”

I forgot about Salem's Lot and Devil's Rejects!

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Sad news. RIP Mr Lewis. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

It's been some time since I saw Salem's Lot so I had forgotten he was in it. Will have to spin it up soon.

Regards,

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I remember him from. . .every TV show I watched in the 70s and 80s! Strangely, I had no idea that Juliette Lewis was his daughter. (Of course, to be honest, he was always a "that guy" to me, so I didn't know him by name.)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
RIP to a very familiar face and great talent. So many films and TV shows that he had parts in - condolences to his family and friends.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I didn't know he was Juliette Lewis' father until I read of his passing. I've seen him in a ton of stuff. I guess I most associate him with The Wind and the Lion, as that is the movie I watch most often that featured Geoffrey Lewis. R.I.P.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
R.I.P. I have always enjoyed his performances, especially in the Eastwood movies and the "Bully Boys" episode of Little House on the Prairie. He will be missed.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
He's great in DILLINGER, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, THE WIND AND THE LION and the Eastwood redneck comedies. I'd have to look over his filmography to see what else he made an impression in. I find it funny that he made such a comfortable living playing good ol' southern boys, yet grew up in Rhode Island and California. Yet I never questioned him for a second. I always assumed he'd grown up in the south. Hey, that's what makes a great actor...

His death came after that of another great good ol' boy, James Best.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Vic Pardo said:
He's great in DILLINGER, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, THE WIND AND THE LION and the Eastwood redneck comedies. I'd have to look over his filmography to see what else he made an impression in. I find it funny that he made such a comfortable living playing good ol' southern boys, yet grew up in Rhode Island and California. Yet I never questioned him for a second. I always assumed he'd grown up in the south. Hey, that's what makes a great actor...

His death came after that of another great good ol' boy, James Best.

I just found the obit for another great good ol' boy actor who died recently and who appeared regularly in Clint Eastwood movies, Gregory Walcott:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/arts/television/gregory-walcott-actor-known-for-plan-9-from-outer-space-dies-at-87.html?_r=0

He had one of the lead roles in PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE and then appeared in Tim Burton's ED WOOD (as one of PLAN 9's investors) even though the film slandered him by suggesting that PLAN 9's lead actor (representing Walcott) was a neophyte hired because he was a relative of one of the investors (IIRC) when Walcott, in fact, had been a working actor with solid Hollywood credits (including BATTLE CRY) for several years before making PLAN 9.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
He was one of Hollywood's go to character actors in the last half of the 20th century. I'm glad I'm not the only one to remember him as the diplomat (Gummeray or something like that) in THE WIND AND THE LION. I may have to watch that tonight in his honor.

And his daughter's followed in his path, becoming a noted character actress herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks