What's new

International Rossellini's War Trilogy + L'Amore (1 Viewer)

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I just received Roberto Rossellini's War Trilogy (Rome Open City / Paisan / Germany Year Zero / + L'Armore) from BFI.

As the booklet indicates, the first two films were restored in 4K:

Rome, Open City was restored in 4K from the original negatives and a duplicating nitrate positive preserved by CSC - Cineteca Nazionale. The restauration was carried out by Cineta di Bologna and CSC- Cineteca Nazionale at the L'Immagine Ritrovata, Bologna, in 2013.

Paisà was restored in 4K from a 'lavender' nitrate positive preserved by CSC - Cineteca Nazionale. The restauration was carried out by Cineta di Bologna and CSC- Cineteca Nazionale at the L'Immagine Ritrovata, Bologna, in 2013.

The German version of Germany Year Zero was restored using two 'lavender' prints and a combined dublicating negative preserved at Luce Cinecittà and CSC - Cineteca Nazionale. The restauration was carried out by Cineta di Bologna and CSC- Cineteca Nazionale at the L'Immagine Ritrovata, Bologna, in 2013.

L'Amore was restored in 2K from a combined dublicating positive preserved at Luce Cinecittà.The restauration was carried out at the L'Immagine Ritrovata laboratory in 2013.

All films are presented in their original aspect ratio of 1,33:1 with original mono audio.

I'm not familiar with all the terms, but the experts should know what this all means. ;)

I'm curious to see how the movies will look.

Interesting point: Rome, Open City was never released uncut in Germany, as it seams.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Just finished watching the three movies the Blu-ray transfers are excellent especially when you realize these movies were shot just after WWII ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks