What's new

Harmon Kardon AVR 1700 old firmware. Please help (1 Viewer)

alirz

Auditioning
Real Name
AR
Hi,

For whatever reasons I r[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]ecently updated the firmware on my AVR to version [/SIZE]V03_05
[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]Looks like HK introduced some type of a new sleep function in which the device first goes into normal standby for about 30 minutes i think and after that it turns completely off. After some research i have found that had soemthing to do with European union (EU) regulations with some power features. Not sure why it applied to me, im in Canada and installed a North american FW from what i know.[/SIZE]

The problem is that once the unit it goes into this deep sleep, it doesn't turn on automatically along with other HDMI devices, it also stops powering any USB device (Chromcast) that is plugged into it, at point it wont even wake up over the network e,g throguh Air play.
This is making the unit useless as i have to first manually power it on.

HK support is not being any help and is giving me the run around. I asked them they say they dont have the old firmware and that once the fw is updated it cannot be reverted back....

Im finding that hard to believe!!!

So im wondering if someone has the V2.x firmware file for this unit>

alirz

Auditioning
Real Name
AR
EDIT. I think there was never a firmware for this unit. I think i installed the european FW for AVR 170 model. Strange that it even let me do that.

Anyways, is there ANY firmware version available for US unit ?

alirz

Auditioning
Real Name
AR
So i was able to received an older FW from Harmon Kardon for the avr 1700/170. This was in hopes to undo the "pwoer saving" feature that effectively turns off the unit after like 30 min thus preventing auto turn on Airplay etc...
I never got to the try this firmware as i had ended up returning the AVR1700 to the store. Hopefully it can help someone out there.

Attachments

• AVR170_USB(V02_00)_120710_full.zip
    598.7 KB · Views: 1,055

J PEG

Auditioning
Real Name
Jer Peg
So i was able to received an older FW from Harmon Kardon for the avr 1700/170. This was in hopes to undo the "pwoer saving" feature that effectively turns off the unit after like 30 min thus preventing auto turn on Airplay etc...
I never got to the try this firmware as i had ended up returning the AVR1700 to the store. Hopefully it can help someone out there.

You are the hero gotham needs but doesn't deserve. I will try this as soon as I can/

timcharper

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Harper
Hey there, I unfortunately had upgraded to the latest firmware only to also discover that the HDMI link no longer worked as it previously did, and that my Apple TV could no longer wake my receiver.

I reverted back to the 2.0 version posted on this thread, and was able to successfully downgrade. HDMI wake works again! Thank you so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks