What's new

Should I hold on to my Denon POA-8300 amps? (1 Viewer)

Gnfanatic

Auditioning
Real Name
Raffaele
hey guys, new here and need some guidance. I have two Denon POA-8300 amplifiers sitting in my house, havent been used in 10 years. Superb condition, stored in a temp controlled room and barely used, never pushed hard. I am not sure the value of them or should I keep them? I would like to build a nice home theater down the road but not sure if they are worth keeping. Someone offered me $600 for both.

opinions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• DSC_0654 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0654 (Small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_0653 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0653 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 256

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I haven't run across 8300 in ages. $600 seems a bit low, but not seen them used.

Built killer, as three mono blocks in one(not done often).

I'd keep them or trade "plus cash" for a 5x200 amp like an Earthquake.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

If you’re serious about your future build I’d hang on to them for sure. It’ll cost you waaay more than $600 to replace them with something comparable.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Welcome to the forum. I saw one sell on another forum about 7 years back for around $400-$450. Have not seen one sell since. You have lots of choices. You can try to get a 5-channel amp as noted above or if you decide you want a receiver and have better amplification across the front 3 channels you can sell one and use the money from the other towards a receiver. Just think about what you would like your system configuration to be down the road. I've bought and sold so many things over the years. While I may still sell some things, I more often rotate them to a second or third or fourth system and if there is a piece left over that is worthwhile to sell, I sell it. More often I just give it away. Next receiver upgrade, I'll likely just get rid of a Sony V444ES receiver I have in the office system. I only use the speakers attached to them a few times a month and mostly use the speakers in the monitor. So when I rotate, I'll just have a newer receiver in the office.

Gnfanatic

Auditioning
Real Name
Raffaele
Thanks guys, real;ly appreciate the advice. I dont have anything exotic for my living room. But I do have a pair of brand new Klipsh ref-7 series towers and an older USA made Polk Audio powered sub. Did not purchase a pre-amp or receiver yet becasue I have not moved in yet. Once I am in I will be in the market for one.

klipsch.jpg

Glen B2

Agent
Real Name
Glen
Those Denons are keepers. I've owned them in the past. Nicely built, triple-mono construction. They should provide more than sufficient power to go with your Klipsch speakers. The current Bluebook average price for the POA-8300 is $300.

POA-8300_03.jpg~original

Users who are viewing this thread