What's new

Maggie - starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Abigail Breslin (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
It's always hard to judge a movie just by a trailer but I will admit I think this is going to be good. And I always enjoy when an actor or actress known for a specific style of movie is asked to step outside of that and do something very different such as Sylvester Stallone in Cop Land which I loved.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Reminiscent of "The Last Of Us" video game. Looks interesting.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
My girlfriend and I went to see this last night. It was decent ** 1/2 (out of 4) and Arnold gives a very good performance but in the end it just didn't work as well as it should have. I think drama mixed with horror can work extremely well and I've said for years that the greatest thing about THE EXORCIST was the "drama" in the film. Meaning the mother having to struggle to take care of a child who is sick. This film tries to go for that same type of thing but it's incredibly slow pace just really doesn't help it. It's worth watching but I think the story could have been handled much better.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I thought Ah-nold was very strong in this - it was a bit akin to Stalone in the first (and very last) Rocky. Everyone expects rock-em, sock-em against Mr T where he beats up Russia and saves The American Way -but the first one is a very quiet, very tender performance. Same thing here, for the first 15 minutes, I expected "Remembah when I shaid I'd khill you lhast? I lied!" and "GET TO THA CHOPPPAAA!" but quickly got used to a reigned in Arnold who has quite some chops on him. His zombie co-lead was really solid too - good performances all around.

The movie, eh - it was ok. Didnt break any new ground, should have been stronger - not bad, not awesome. Just kind of meh.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just watched this movie. It was amazing. I was expecting a decent movie, I was kind of surprised that it was better but that happens and I was glad that it turned out to be good. The movie progresses and later I was absolutely surprised when it turned out not just being good but much more. I give it 10/10. This movie makes you think about so many things. It did not bore me for one sec and I was able to watch it with no effort at all.

The last movie that surprised me this much was Philomena (2013) (10/10).

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I also enjoyed this film, not your usual Zombie flick. I'm an Arnold fan so anything he is in I watch at least once.

CyberRube2

Auditioning
Real Name
Ruben Z
Vegas 1 said:
I also enjoyed this film, not your usual Zombie flick. I'm an Arnold fan so anything he is in I watch at least once.
Same here. I actually thought it was a very interesting movie.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It was ok. Nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be. Interesting idea and good performances but slow pace and poor ending hurt it a lot. Could have been so much better. I would give it 6/10.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I liked it but didn't love it - definitely a one-time-only movie for me. That said, I thought Arnold was fantastic and it was worth seeing for his beautifully understated performance.

Never thought I'd see an indie zombie movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger told in the style of Terence Malick!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Remember Zombie, when I promised to kill you last?

Grrrr, ekkkkk.

I lied.

[Ekkkk OOH LA LLAAHHHHHH!]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
One scene at the end really ticked me off.

SPOILER

So we have seen Arnold earlier sleep very lightly even being woken by Maggie standing in the doorway.

Then to create false suspense at the end we have Maggie walking down the stairs, hovering over Arnold breathing and weezing. Then she kisses his forehead and he doesn't wake up!

Cut to him a few moments later and he's up, putting a shell into the shotgun. WTF. And that's his last scene.

Really weakened the film for me. I can suspend disbelief but that just didn't fly for me. [emoji107]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
For you Sam. Not for me. It was the weakest part I thought. Still a good movie worth seeing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I liked the relationships in the film. That was the strongest element of the film. And the story, despite the poor ending, went into new areas not normally explored in this genre. That was nice to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks