What's new

"Laverne & Shirley" Complete Series Box coming in June! (2 Viewers)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron

Attachments

• LaverneAndShirley_Complete_e.jpg
    LaverneAndShirley_Complete_e.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 85

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It's very pretty, but it kinda looks a lot like The Mother In-Laws set. I would of gone with them doing Schlemiel! Schlimazel! in the center with some of the icon items from the series scattered about such as, Boo Boo Kitty, a can of Shotz beer, and a glass of Milk & Pepsi to name a few.

Cover aside though, what will make me want to get this, will if all the episodes will be as they aired, and if the music is intact as well.

910nD6RL2ML._SY606_.jpg

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Don't lose the "L" off of your sweater waiting for unedited eps. They were edited to begin with for a reason. The cover art isn't great considering they have some great promo shots of L&S as well as the entire cast.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I already own the first 2 seasons, planning on getting up to and including season 5. The show went downhill when they moved to California and I have no intention of ever getting the final season. It just wasn't good without Shirley, so I'll pass on this set.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
For a RRP of $80, I can see this eventually selling for a lot less on Amazon. It's a very good price-point and the ideal way to get the complete series. I'm happy to double-dip.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Is there a list posted somewhere that compiles all of the cut scenes/songs from the individual releases? I've searched but couldn't find one.

I'm not thrilled with the cover art either.

They could have gone with a nice group shot such as this:

laverne___shirley_image__2_.jpg

Or a memorable picture of just the 2 of them such as this:

image38794.jpg

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, that cover art isn't very good. Anyway, I wonder if this bodes well for a Happy Days complete series release?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Ron Lee Green said:
The paisleys and flower power art reminds me of the mid-60s during Laugh-In, but wasn't L&S set in the early 60s?
I was thinking the same thing. Season 8 was set in 1967 but the paisley motif seems inappropriate for a show that is most remembered for being set in the late '50s/early '60s.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Mr. Handley said:
Yeah, that cover art isn't very good. Anyway, I wonder if this bodes well for a Happy Days complete series release?
Chances are CBS is still intent on releasing each series individually. I'm pretty sure that all the 'Complete Series' boxes released so far are of shows that CBS has already released every season of in the past.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classicmovieguy said:
Chances are CBS is still intent on releasing each series individually. I'm pretty sure that all the 'Complete Series' boxes released so far are of shows that CBS has already released every season of in the past.
That is true! I'm thinking that somewhere down the road, as they've done for Taxi, Mork & Mindy, Family Ties, and others, they might do one for Perry Mason. What do you think?

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Oliver Ravencrest said:
I already own the first 2 seasons, planning on getting up to and including season 5. The show went downhill when they moved to California and I have no intention of ever getting the final season. It just wasn't good without Shirley, so I'll pass on this set.

I agree, I don't own any of the seasons but if I do start collecting one day it will only be the Milwaukee seasons as they were the best IMO.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Kasey said:
Exactly Byron! By the middle seasons they were both sporting feathered hairdos when it should have been flips or bouffants.
The clothes aren't very 'period' either. The location work for the 2-part "Festival" episode in Season 4 is quite cringe-worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks