– The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – 2014

– Into the Woods – 2014

– Unbroken – 2014

– At War With the Army – 1950

– Chattahoochee – 1989

– Cover Up – 1949

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
At War with the Army   $10.49
Best Seller   $13.99
Chattahoochee   $13.99
Convicts   $17.99
Cover Up   $11.99
Donna Reed Show, The:  Season 2     $22.99
End of Violence, The   $13.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection [Limited Edition]  $34.99
Gates of Heaven / Vernon, Florida [Criterion Collection]  $22.99
Hobbit Trilogy, The   $38.99 $35.99
Hobbit, The: The Battle of the Five Armies   $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Into the Woods   $14.99 $14.99 $16.99
John Ford: Dreaming the Quiet Man   $17.99
Lonesome Dove Church   $24.98
Marvel Knights: Wolverine Versus Sabretooth - Reborn   $10.79
Monster High: Haunted   $13.99
Mr. Bean:  The Whole Bean 25th Anniversary Collection     $19.92
MusiCares Tribute to Paul McCartney, A   $15.28
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - XXXII [Includes: Space Travelers ~ Hercules ~ Radar Secret Service ~ San Francisco International] $42.99
Song One   $9.99
Thin Blue Line, The [Criterion Collection]  $17.99
Unbroken   $14.99 $14.99 $16.99
Vincent & Theo   $17.99

Posted Image

HD-DVD Amazon BestBuy Target
Battleship Potemkin $11.07

Posted Image

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
At War with the Army    $14.99
Best Seller    $19.99
Beyond, The    $24.99
Blind Woman's Curse    $25.29
Chattahoochee    $19.99
Convicts    $19.99
Cover Up    $17.99
Digging Up the Marrow    $12.99
End of Violence, The    $19.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection [Limited Edition]   $45.99
Gates of Heaven / Vernon, Florida  [Criterion Collection]  $27.59
Gone with the Pope    $17.99
Hobbit Trilogy, The    $49.96 $59.99 $49.99
Hobbit, The: The Battle of the Five Armies    $24.96 $24.99 $24.99
Hobbit, The: The Battle of the Five Armies   [3-D] $27.99 $29.99 $27.99
Into the Woods    $19.99 $19.99 $22.99
John Ford: Dreaming the Quiet Man   $19.99
Monster High: Haunted    $18.59
MusiCares Tribute to Paul McCartney, A    $19.78
Roommates / A Woman for All Men    $17.29
Song One    $13.59
Sure Thing, The    $17.85
Thin Blue Line, The  [Criterion Collection]  $22.99
Unbroken    $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Vincent & Theo    $19.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with their Blu copies of Unbroken, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies and the Hobbit Trilogy.

--Best Buy also has the Blu LOTR Trilogy on sale this week for $49.99

--Best Buy also has a FREE $10 GIFT CARD if you buy two movies together that will just make the perfect double feature:  Fury ($14.99 DVD/$17.99 Blu) AND Annie ($!9.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu).

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$13.99 (DVD):  John Wick

$14.99 (DVD):  Exodus: Gods & Kings, Penguins of Madagascar, Night at the Museum: Secrets of the Tomb, Birdman, Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.

$19.99 (BLU):  John Wick, Exodus: Gods & Kings, Penguins of Madagascar, Night at the Museum: Secrets of the Tomb, Birdman, Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.

--Best Buy has the following Blu-ray titles (up to 35 to choose from) in a "Buy 3 for $20" deal (or $9.99 apiece):  The Amaszing Spider-Man, Captain Phillips, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, American Hustle, 21 Jump Street, Zero Dark Thirty.

--Best Buy has the following TV on Blu-ray titles on sale this week:

$12.99:  Defiance: Season 1

$14.99:  Orange is the New Black:  Season 1, Shameless: S3.

$19.99:  Firefly: Complete Series, Big Bang Theory: S7, Breaking Bad: Final Season, American Horror Story: S2, Spartacus: War of the Damned, Walking Dead: S1, Orphan Black: S2.

--Best Buy is advertising deals on the Fast & Furious Films:  $6.99 apiece for movies 1 - 5 and $11.99 for Fast & Furious 6.  Also the six-film Limited Edition collection on Blu is priced at $39.99 ($34.99 on DVD).  Also, get up to $7.50 toward one movie ticket to see Furious 7 in theaters April 3 when you purchase one of these items.  

--Also at BB...get up to $7.50 in Fandango Cash to see Dreamworks' "Hme" in theaters March 27 when you purchase one of the following Blu-ray titles:  

$9.99:  How to Train Your Dragon, Rio 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2 (DVD)

$14.99:  Mr. Peabody & Sherman, How to Train Your Dragon 2

$17.99:  How to Train Your Dragon 2 (3-D)

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  Get a FREE BUNNY PLUSH (Reg. Price $4.99) when you spend $7.99 on participating titles:  The Little Rascals ($4.99 DVD), Babe ($4.99 DVD), Here Comes Peter Cottontail ($4.99 DVD), Hop ($9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu), Noah ($14.99 DVD), God's Not Dead ($11.99 DVD/$14.99 Blu).

--Save an EXTRA 10% on movies, music and books at Target this week with their Cartwheel app.  

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.  For $25.99, you also get TWO EXCLUSIVE LEGO MINIFIGURES with the Blu-ray.  Bonus offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks.

--Target is also advertising $10 off, instantly, when you buy ANY Fast & Furious Blu-ray AND a Target-EXCLUSIVE Fast & Furious Dom's '70 Dodge Charger 1:16 remote-controlled car ($22.99).  Each F&F Blu is on sale for $8 at Target this week...and each contains $7.50 Movie Cash to see Furious 7.  Quantities limited.  No rainchecks. 

--Only at Target can you get an EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE BOOKMARK with your Blu-ray copy of Unbroken.  Quantities limited.  No rainchecks.

--Target has some titles listed for $15 this week.  Blu-rays include:  Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb and The Sound of Music.

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $10, $7.99 (Nickelodeon titles) and $4.75.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike.

After four theatrical viewings since December, I can't wait to get Into the Woods on Tuesday. I preordered it as soon as Amazon put it up, and given the lack of retailer exclusives or bigger discounting, I'm just keeping that order intact.

A steelbook or something for it would have been cool, but it's also sort of nice not to have to worry about whether a store advertising an exclusive will bother to stock enough for me to get one (see: Big Hero 6, Django Unchained, etc.)

I also heard good things from a friend about Song One, so might get that at some point down the line, but not now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. Just rentals for me this week. I'll be waiting for the inevitable extended edition of The Hobbit.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing this week I see right now, but that BB 3/$20 deal is pretty tempting (without knowing the full list of titles). I may stop in if I get time. If not, no big deal in the long run. It's not like I'm going to run out of things to watch anytime soon...

Gracias, as always, Mr. Mike.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert James Clark said:
HD-DVD? Is this an early April Fools joke?
Technically....

No.

HD DVD does live on. Just not in the US.

Biggest outlet?

CBHD. (Chinese hybrid HD DVD. Attempt to make Chinese piracy...stay in China)

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
Technically, while you do get two LEGO minifigures, only one is exclusive. Cover art states "BARD THE BOWMAN AND EXCLUSIVE BAIN" This version of Bard The Bowman was given away at San Diego Comic-Con International 2014 to random visitors and later included in a $60 LEGO set (#70917) which was also called "The Battle of the Five Armies"

This version of Bain has not been in LEGO form before Target's Blu-ray set and is exclusive

Mike Frezon said:
--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY RELEASE of Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies. For $25.99, you also get TWO EXCLUSIVE LEGO MINIFIGURES with the Blu-ray. Bonus offer quantities limited. No rainchecks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Geez, I was kind of assuming that Target would have some kind of retailer exclusive for Into the Woods. Hm, maybe the Disney Store. . .wow, they aren't even selling it.

Oh well. . .Black Friday it is!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The Target CartWheel 10% discount on all movies is supposed to exclude Five Armies but Today it did allow the discount, might not tomorrow.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
The Target CartWheel 10% discount on all movies is supposed to exclude Five Armies but Today it did allow the discount, might not tomorrow.

I can confirm as well - bought the 3D Target today with the CW discount.

Good day overall -- got this and confirmation of shipping on my last Twilight Time orders finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks