What's new

International Anyone know where to buy Blu Rays from Australia? (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I want to buy Doctor Doolittle and other Blu Rays from Australia, but I'm not sure of a place to buy them. Amazon does not have an Australian version to sell movies, and the ones on eBay don't ship to Canada. Any help?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
JB HiFi all the way. They often have 20% off sales and other promotions, so check in with them often for current deals.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
classicmovieguy said:
JB HiFi all the way.

I ordered from them for the first time in January - I found an exclusive Gumby set that was coming out in Australia and nowhere else, with all of the original music - ordering through JB was pretty easy (although I found the site a little clunkier than Amazon), and the discs arrived probably three weeks later in good condition.

If I needed something from Australia again, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Another vote for JB Hi FI but they are often slow to ship.

Fishpond are another supplier of Oz releases

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I used to order from JBHiFi until they changed their shipping prices. Their 20% sales and other specials were quite nice with shipping about $8AUD

for the first item and $2AUD for each added item. Unfortunately, now with shipping at $8 per item it makes it hard to order a group of small items

like I used to to.

The last thing I ordered was the Hammer Boxset Bluray when it was on sale for less then $40USD total. Took about 2 weeks to ship and another 10 days to

arrive, but it was worth the wait (most of movies are B Locked or 50Hz)

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
classicmovieguy said:
It depends on how quickly they can source the items.
Does it?

I've had JB take almost a week to ship an item listed as In Stock.

Slightly disappointed they have a retailer exclusive for the Journey to the Far Side of the Sun Blu in August although it will be much better than the Universal one coming to the US next month

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Normally things take a couple of days when listed as "In Stock". A bit longer if they have to order something in.

I believe the process (when ordering within Australia at least) is that they try and source/ship the items from the JB HiFi store located closest to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks