What's new

Need Help Connecting Subwoofer to a Receiver (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a new receiver, and I'm trying to salvage my old speakers/subwoofer to use with it. I believe the speakers will all be fine, but I have a possible issue with the subwoofer. The plug that is coming out of subwoofer looks like this:

01.JPG

And it has to fit into this hole:

02.JPG

Any recommendations on how to make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 22

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Let me guess(since you didn't offer any model numbers...)

HTiB speakers and now you have a real AVR.

There is nothing you can do with the sub, at all. You can buy a self-powered sub for the cost of an amplifier to make this one work.

Depending on what AVR you bought, you probably can't use your 3ohm speakers either.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Thank you for responding, I really appreciate your input. Sorry about that- let me get more specific:

The receiver I am replacing was part of a HTiB, It is a Sony STR-KS2000. The receiver I just purchased is an Onkyo TX-SR333. The Sony speakers I am trying to use with it are Sony SS-SRP1200.

I know that HTiB isn't ideal for a home theater, but for the space that I'm living with it is the best option. If I can't use the old speakers with the new receiver, I might have to start from scratch.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yep, 3ohm speakers.

Start from scratch.

I doubt those handle much more than 20 watts anyway. Being as inefficient as they are, you probably need to send them more than 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks