don`t know which A/V receiver to chose, Marantz NR1604 or old Marantz SR8500

I will use 90% on music from preamp.

What do you think?!

Thank you!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The 1604 has considerably less power, so if your speakers are not super efficient, or you're in a small room, for power alone I'd go with the SR8500. (I returned a 160x because the DLNA was not working well with my NAS, but the reduced power was noticeable on my 89 sensitivity speakers.) On the other hand, the 8500 is a little old and probably doesn't have a lot of the newer features. I didn't scan the list too much, but the HDMI says DVI, so that might its video only, double check that.

Why just those two?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
y0d4 said:
Hello,

i have issue :)

don`t know which A/V receiver to chose, Marantz NR1604 or old Marantz SR8500

I will use 90% on music from preamp.

What do you think?!

Thank you!

yod4: Please add a "real name" to your forum profile immediately or risk losing your privileges. Thanks.

Membership
1. Real first name. We ask all members to register with at least their real first name. This makes communication among members more personal. Every member also has a unique "username", which may or may not be the same as your real name. The username can be anything as long as it is not profane or obscene, an email address, a celebrity name other than your own or otherwise objectionable. Your username will appear on every post, and your provided real first name will be listed immediately below. Obviously we have to trust people when they provide us their real first names at sign-up time. It's an honor system, and we do not go out of our way to check on people. But if circumstances indicate that a member has given a false first name (e.g., if the member publicly discloses that his listed first name is false), then we are obliged to take appropriate action.

For further information on the rules of the forum, please see the link in my signature. Again, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks