What's new

1776 coming to blu-ray on June 2nd! (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They wouldn't go back to the short version after promising an even longer version than the DVD for the TCM Film Festival. That would be very, well, Disneyesque and out of character for Sony.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
MatthewA said:
They wouldn't go back to the short version after promising an even longer version than the DVD. That would be very, well, Disneyesque and out of character for Sony.

They're not. That's why it will be mildly amusing to see people confused by the incorrect Amazon run time listing until they fix it.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
MatthewA said:
They wouldn't go back to the short version after promising an even longer version than the DVD. That would be very, well, Disneyesque and out of character for Sony.

(You say Bedknobs, I say Amadeus...

So what's wrong with both Cool Considerate Men and having exit music over the end credits?)

Still, one more Holy Grail off the DVD shelf, now just a quick gloating count to see how many left. :cheers:

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
It's still so plausible, though (a pre-July window, fresh off of a promotional restoration-screening out of nowhere), that instinct says sales info could have been pulled for a tweak of radio silence before official studio press-statements, on reports from the higher ups.

If it's still missing this time next week, I'll have my blue funk ready.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I would bet it gets officially announced during/after the TCM fest. More than likely this info showed up on a pre-release solicitation and someone mistakenly made it active on Amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
...but....I...pre-ordered!
scratch.gif

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am sure Amazon just jumped the gun and listed it ahead of schedule. There will be a press release soon and the listing will be back. Not the first time this has happened. By the way how much was Amazon selling it for?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also pre-ordered, but didn't take notice of the label.

I expect the cut will be similar to the DVD (with the additional bits that are premiering at the TCM Fest).

I do hope that the other LD cuts are included as extras (especially the complete versions of Piddle, Twiddle, And Resolve and Lees Of Old Virginia).

Oh, and as long as I'm wishing, proper chapters for each song [emoji1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks