What's new

Site is Sloooow to load lately for me (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Last few days or so has seen the site take up to 10 seconds to load

not the usual instant load.

Anything going on behind the scenes this week?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've encountered similar problems.

The last few nights, it is taking sometimes up to a minute to load a page. Even going back can take that long.

It doesn't seem to be a problem during the day, but in the evening is when it is most noticeable (after 8pm CST).

I am using Safari on a Mac, but I also had problems on my IPhone using both Safari and the App. I also had problems using Chrome on my Mac.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yep, it's been terrible lately.

I suspect it has something to do with the adds. The site was actually loading normally for a little while earlier today and I noticed that those big side adds were no longer there.

Now the adds are back and it's slow as hell again.

Maybe it's just a coincidence. Hopefully HTF sorts this out soon. Has anyone from the site acknowledged the issue yet?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Last night around 11:00 or 11:30 pm it was as though the site was down for maintenance or had even lost its internet connection. Finally, on the browser, I had to log in (I'm always logged in) and then most content couldn't be found. On tablet and phone, Tapatalk couldn't access the site at all.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Forgot to say this happened two nights in a row. And for me, it's all been pretty normal at all other times of day.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
It's been happening intermittently in the last few days to me too. It becomes very very slow for awhile, then later it's normal. I could also be describing me without coffee.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Same story here. I do my last surf of the site usually around 10 p.m., and for the last three or so nights, it has been sluggish to the point of madness. I finally gave up and moved on each night.

Mornings and afternoons are no problem at all for me: instant loading of information.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I was fine on the Android this morning when reading and posting the above, but I just hit the bookmark (for my new content) on my computer, and got: "Sorry, no new content found."

Two settings in the filters had changed, miraculously, by themselves.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
All,

I'm really sorry to hear about these problems. Since I go to bed early, I usually don't browse late at night. I will definitely get with our server guy to see what we can do.

Dave

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We had a few overnight "jobs" running to restore old posts and i think that may have contributed.

Please let me know if it's bad tonight and we'll investigate further. To get in touch, just PM me.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think I found part of the problem, at least on my end.

Whenever somebody makes a new post, you have to refresh the entire site. When multiple posts show, you have to refresh more than once. Sucks when you are in a thread and trying to post yourself.

If there is a backlog, merely "refresh" doesn't work. You have to exit, then re-enter. I would guess a few people doing that, at once, creates problems.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Sam, I haven't seen that behavior. You are saying you need to quit the browser entirely to get it to refresh?

Users who are viewing this thread