What's new

Rockford Files Movie Collection Vol. 2 Announced! (1 Viewer)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
bretmaverick2 said:
FInally! I am so getting this to wrap up my RF collection.

Me, too. I have no interest in the complete series set, since I already have the complete series and Movie Collection Vol. 1.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Great news!

It's been a struggle at times to not get the individual seasons, especially with such a long wait for the last of the TV movie volumes. I've held off due to the use of double-sided discs, at least for the early seasons. (I don't know if they continued using them for the full run.) I'd already experienced more than enough aggravation with Universal's double-sided Columbo discs, which I disposed of once that show's complete series set came out. So I'm in for the Complete Rockford set.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Dave Lawrence said:
Great news!

It's been a struggle at times to not get the individual seasons, especially with such a long wait for the last of the TV movie volumes. I've held off due to the use of double-sided discs, at least for the early seasons. (I don't know if they continued using them for the full run.) I'd already experienced more than enough aggravation with Universal's double-sided Columbo discs, which I disposed of once that show's complete series set came out. So I'm in for the Complete Rockford set.
I think that the first release was the only one with doubles, with the remaining five being singles.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the clarification. Still, even one season of the Universal doubles is one too many so I'm glad I waited (albeit longer than I originally expected).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
bmasters9 said:
I think that the first release was the only one with doubles, with the remaining five being singles.
Dave Lawrence said:
Thanks for the clarification. Still, even one season of the Universal doubles is one too many so I'm glad I waited (albeit longer than I originally expected).
That is correct. S1 is the only season with DVD18s. The disc count for the entire series is 34 discs (which includes the 2 movie sets of 2 discs each) and the disc count for the (current) individual seasons and movie sets is 31 discs. Since S1 is 3 DVD18s (2 with 4 eps. per side and the last has 4 on 1 side w/2 on the flip) that disc count seems to imply that S1 is now on 6 SS discs.

Here are the current season disc counts:

S1 - 3 (DS DVD18s w/content on 6 sides - 22 episodes)

S2 - 6 (22 episodes)

S3 - 5 (22 episodes)

S4 - 5 (21 episodes)

S5 - 5 (22 episodes)

S6 - 3 (12 episodes)

Movie Collection V1 - 2 (4 telefilms)

Movie Collection V2 - 2 (4 telefilms)

I'm now hoping they'll see fit to re-release S1 in the 6 disc format as it's the only season I do *not* own. I purchased it and had playback issues on *every* side of *every* disc, exchanged it 3(!?!) times and, in spite of a "exchange only on opened product," convinced the store manager it would be wiser to just give me a refund rather than deplete their entire stock as I assured her I'd keep returning product until I got one that played properly.

I *want* S1 but refuse to purchase another most likely faulty copy and also will not purchase the full series set just for one season.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Strangely enough, Season of the Rockford Files is one of the few Universal double sided discs that I didn't have playback issues.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Finally! I started collecting Rockford from the beginning, and don't remember now how far back that was. I have thought about this last volume and began to wonder if it was ever coming out. Glad to finish Rockford on DVD.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Never purchased the season sets so I am pleased to finally be able to get the complete series, hopefully at a good price.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Richard Gallagher said:
If you have a region-free DVD player, Season 1 is available on six discs from amazon.uk for about $13.

Yes, so was the second collection of movies.

I found that when someone uploaded them to YouTube and i started looking

for where they must have come from

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rockford%20movie%20collection%202

I've got just the first 3 season sets, (flippers on season 1) so i might have to

see what the price drops to and pick up the complete series.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
BobO'Link said:
That is correct. S1 is the only season with DVD18s. The disc count for the entire series is 34 discs (which includes the 2 movie sets of 2 discs each) and the disc count for the (current) individual seasons and movie sets is 31 discs. Since S1 is 3 DVD18s (2 with 4 eps. per side and the last has 4 on 1 side w/2 on the flip) that disc count seems to imply that S1 is now on 6 SS discs.

Here are the current season disc counts:

S1 - 3 (DS DVD18s w/content on 6 sides - 22 episodes)

S2 - 6 (22 episodes)

S3 - 5 (22 episodes)

S4 - 5 (21 episodes)

S5 - 5 (22 episodes)

S6 - 3 (12 episodes)

Movie Collection V1 - 2 (4 telefilms)

Movie Collection V2 - 2 (4 telefilms)

I'm now hoping they'll see fit to re-release S1 in the 6 disc format as it's the only season I do *not* own. I purchased it and had playback issues on *every* side of *every* disc, exchanged it 3(!?!) times and, in spite of a "exchange only on opened product," convinced the store manager it would be wiser to just give me a refund rather than deplete their entire stock as I assured her I'd keep returning product until I got one that played properly.

I *want* S1 but refuse to purchase another most likely faulty copy and also will not purchase the full series set just for one season.
I'm hoping they'll convert that first Rockford release to singles as well, not only for this full release but also individually. They did it for Miami Vice, The A-Team, and Magnum, P.I., among others, so I don't see why it wouldn't be done here.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Brian Himes said:
Strangely enough, Season of the Rockford Files is one of the few Universal double sided discs that I didn't have playback issues.
Same here! No issues at all with the Season 1 flippers (other than them actually being flippers). I'm also hoping for a single-sided Season 1 release as I'm slowly, but surely, eliminating all flippers from my collection.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(An off-topic tangent).

Now we hope that a complete series set of Emergency! is released by Universal soon, with the first two seasons re-issued as single-sided discs. (The first two seasons were double-sided flipper discs).

DrunkTVPodcast

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Same here on problem-free flippers. I don't recall ever having an issue with my season 1 set, but I'd gladly replace it with single sided discs if they were ever to be released.

I left off on S5, waiting for the final movie collection to come out...so I need to pick up S6 and both movie collections. Excited to watch some more Rockford soon!

If I remember correctly, the Pilot movie was forgotten at first, and then added as a bonus on the S2 set. (I recall pulling out the S2 set to show the pilot to RF newbies.)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I can finally reuse my four VHS tapes with the last four TV movies recorded on them!

IMG_1762.JPG

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
jcroy said:
(An off-topic tangent).

Now we hope that a complete series set of Emergency! is released by Universal soon, with the first two seasons re-issued as single-sided discs. (The first two seasons were double-sided flipper discs).
And if I remember correctly, the preponderance of complaints on Amazon centered around the doubles and how they would skip and lock up. That was smoke-poor quality control there, and Universal has the opportunity to make it right with that as with many of their other double series ("double series" meaning those that were released on doubles, no matter how many seasons' worth were).

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
My Season 1 discs all played fine originally. Then after some time, I was rewatching and the first minute or so of the episode, "In Pursuit of Carol Thorne", locked up, and wouldn't play on. it tried to clean the disc, but that didn't help.

I'll bet after a while, the complete series set of Rockford will be available at a steal of a price. This is one of my favorite detective shows and if the price gets low enough, I might pick it up just to rid myself of the DVD 18s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks