What's new

A4L. Worth buying refurb or new? (1 Viewer)

Stewy

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyler Stewart
I have seen a lot of talk about AFL and their refurb AVR's. Question is, is it worth buying refurb or if I can afford it, should I buy new? If I bought refurb, I could then use the extra money for better speakers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Depending on the unit that you're looking at you can save quite a bit of money going refurb. If you're concerned about the gear add in an extended warranty for like $50 and you should be covered for as long as you need to be. My brother got a refurb from A4L and couldn't be happier with it. I know others on here that have used them and have been very satisfied. I personally would go refurb and get better speakers as speakers will stay but AVR's will no doubt be replaced at some point.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
More than half off the original MSRP, factory refurbished, with a 1 year factory warranty and the option to buy an extended warranty? As long as if meets your needs and has all the features you want, what's not to like?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ac4l is a great place to get a great deal on refurb receivers but always check the usual places (Amazon, Newegg, Frys, Onecall, etc) as well. Ac4l has the Yamaha RX-A1030 for $699, same as ac4l for a refurb. Amazons price for the 2020 is $130 more though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks