What's new

Help with Connection on a Klipsch Subwoofer (ProMedia 4.1) (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I could use a little help, fellas. Or, more accurately, a friend could use a hand.

He has this old klipsch sub (pictured below) and would like to know about that connection below "Preamp Input." I couldn't identify it.

His plan is to use this sub as part of a 2.0 music system coming out of his computer. Can anyone shed some light as to how that might be done? I do not believe he has plans to use a receiver. Would he need one?

And I'm afraid the only info I have about this sub is the image that I have included below.

Thanks!

gallery_286742_34_364198.jpg

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Looks like an 8-pin DIN, not uncommon with computer speaker set-ups. He probably won’t be able to use it for anything but its intended purpose (i.e. the rest of the speaker set), unless he utilizes the speaker-level inputs.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't even think he's got the rest of the speakers in the set. But I'm not sure.

Can he use the red/black terminals and hook the unit up in tandem with whatever 2.0 speakers he's using? But he would need an amp/receiver, right?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Without the other 4 speakers and the control...

That is a door stop.

(That doesn't have speaker inputs. That is a 4.1 sub module. Look up ProMedia 4.1 THX)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks