– The Breakfast Club – 1985

– Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb – 2014

–Sweet Alyssum – 1915

–Solomon and Sheba– 1959

– Firepower – 1979

– Russell Madness – 2015

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Alvin & The Chipmunks:  The Alvin Show     $9.79
Firepower   $17.99
Flintstones & WWE, The: Stone Age Smackdown   $15.59 $12.99
Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. :  The Complete Series    $39.17
Hollywont   $11.99
Hot Legs / California Gigolo   $19.98
Jasper: Journey to the End of the World   $9.99
John Hughes: Yearbook Collection $19.99
Jungle Bunch 2, The: The Great Treasure Quest   $9.97
Jungle Shuffle   $9.99
Late Phases: Night of the Lone Wolf   $9.96
Let's Shake On It   $8.79
Liberator, The   $14.99
Life of Riley   $17.99
Listen Up Philip   $14.96
Low Down   $22.79
Muthers, The   $11.99
My Dog Shep / Shep Comes Home Double Feature   $13.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb   $14.98 $14.99 $15.99
Pioneer   $21.99
Quincy, M.E.:  The Final Season      $29.95
R100   $24.99
Red Sky   $12.96
Red Tent, The   $19.99
Russell Madness   $14.99 $9.99 $14.99
Sea Lion [1921] $18.98
Shane:  The Complete Series     $17.94
Ships of the Night [1928] $18.98
Sound of Music [50th Anniversary Edition] $12.96 $11.99
Sweet Alyssum [1915] $33.98
Teeth and Blood   $13.99
Texas Streak [1926] $20.98
White-Haired Witch   $12.29
Wolfcop   $13.99
Zorro Cliffhanger Collection   $29.93

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Alvin Show, The    $14.96
Blade Trilogy, The    $13.89
Bounty, The  [Twilight Time] 
Breakfast Club, The [30th Anniversary Edition]   $13.49 $14.99
Clash of the Titans Collection    $13.89
Dark Haul    $15.87
Don't Go In The Woods    $14.99
Fan, The [1982]    $17.99
Firepower    $19.99
First Men in the Moon, The  [Twilight Time] 
Flintstones & WWE, The: Stone Age Smackdown    $18.49 $17.99
How We Got to Now With Steven Johnson    $24.99
John Hughes Yearbook Collection    $22.97 $24.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth [1959]  [Twilight Time] 
Jungle Shuffle [Combo Pack] $13.59
Late Phases: Night of the Lone Wolf    $9.99
Liberator, The    $20.19
Life of Riley    $19.99
Massacre Mafia Style    $26.96
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb    $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Ninja / Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear    $14.99
Pioneer    $17.99
Prowler, The    $17.93
R100    $29.93
Rabid Grannies    $14.99
Red Sky    $12.99
Russell Madness    $19.99 $12.99 $17.99
Solomon and Sheba  [Twilight Time] 
Sound of Music [50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray]   $29.96 $16.99
U-Turn  [Twilight Time] 
White-Haired Witch    $11.99
WolfCop $29.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--More Twilight Time Blu-ray releases this week.  Pre-order here.   

--Best Buy has three free mp3 downloads when you purchase either the Breakfast Club or John Hughes collection on Blu-ray.  Including "Don't You (Forget About Me).

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$11.99:  Expendables 3 (DVD), November Man (DVD).

$12.99:  22 Jump Street (DVD)

$14.99:  Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (DVD), 22 Jump Street (Blu), The Equalizer (DVD).

$17.99:  The Maze Runner (Blu), The Equalizer (Blu), November Man (Blu), The Giver (Blu), Expendables 3 (Blu).

$19.99:  Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

--Best Buy has a number of TV on disc titles on sale this week (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$17.99:  Archer: Season 5

$19.99:  Nurse Jackie: Season 6 (Blu), Family Guy: Season 12, Fargo: S1.

$24.99:  American Horror Story: S3, The Americans: S2, Justified: S5, Black Sails: S1.

$29.99:  Sons of Anarchy: S7

$34.99:  Game of Thrones: S4

--At Best Buy, pre-order the following Blu-ray titles (starting at $19.99) and get 100 My Best Buy bonus points:  American Sniper, Exodus: Gods & Kings, Unbroken, Into the Woods, Interstellar, Taken 3, Fifty Shades of Grey, Kingsman, Penguins of Madagascar.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  A BUY 3 FOR $10 deal on up to thirty DVD titles.  (Or $3.99 each).

--Save $5 at Target instantly when you buy BOTH Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown AND a 6"  WWE basic action figure ($9.99).

--Target this week continues to advertise its EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.  Includes 45 minutes of bonus content and a booklet.  It sells for $22.99.  The regular Blu combo pack sells for $19.99.  The DVD is $16.99.

--The following releases are on sale for $20 (All Blu except where otherwise noted):  How to Train Your Dragon 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Gone Girl, Lucy, Birdman, Homeland: Season  3 (DVD), Sherlock: Season 3 (DVD).

--And the following DVDs are on sale for $15:  The Book of Life, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Pretty Little Liars: Season 4, Sons of Anarchy: Season 6, St. Vincent. 

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of DVDs for $10.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike! It's nice to have all of these prices to keep me warm on this cold night.:)

Hopefully one of the HTF reviewers have The Breakfast Club in their queue. I'd love to pick that one up if it's well done.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Is this the 5-disc Sound of Music set? I already have the R&H Collection, but for $16.99 at Target I may have to double-dip for all those extras.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
Thanks Mike! It's nice to have all of these prices to keep me warm on this cold night.:)

Hopefully one of the HTF reviewers have The Breakfast Club in their queue. I'd love to pick that one up if it's well done.
What's the word on the disc compared to the old one? New transfer/extras?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have been notified by Fox that I am in line to receive Night at the Museum for review, so that should be coming this week. I think they actually slipped up and sent me Russell Madness a week early which is why there is already a review for it. I don't think they'll be sending The Sound of Music to me. Maybe Robert Harris will get a copy.

Thanks, Mike!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
DavidJ said:
Nevermind for some reason I thought was asking about sound of Music.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've got my copy of the underrated U-Turn on order.

DavidJ said:
My guess would be that Tony's above info about the transfer is correct but in terms of extras, there's a trivia track on this release. And as much as I love The Breakfast Club, I'm not re-buying a movie for a trivia track. :)

Thanks for the prices, Mike!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Journey to the Center of the Earth and The First Men in the Moon for me. Ouch!!!!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That is a huge price difference between The Sound of Music at Amazon and Target. Are we sure it is the same exact set?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wayne_j said:
That is a huge price difference between The Sound of Music at Amazon and Target. Are we sure it is the same exact set?
I think they're different editions at least from the look of the Target ad

I think the Target in the Target Exclusive 50th Ann. with Bluray + DVD plus digital UV/Itunes -- there is some confusion about whether this has 2 or 3 discs
Does it have 2 BD's + DVD or just BD and DVD.

The 5 Disc Gold edition in the Amazon release appears to have 3BD's (Movie disc and 2 disc of extras), DVD, CD, Digital UV/Itunes.
There is also a regular 50th Anniversary that just has the BD/1 Extra disc/Digital

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing on the list this week. A good thing, as I usually say, since I just spent someone money on new outdoor lighting. Gotta take the next few weeks to figure out how to install it all without killing myself...

Thank you, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry guys for any confusion on The Sound of Music prices.

These are the figures I found, so I reported 'em. Frankly, I am completely disinterested in this release as I am thrilled with the TSOM release I already have.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Sorry guys for any confusion on The Sound of Music prices.

These are the figures I found, so I reported 'em. Frankly, I am completely disinterested in this release as I am thrilled with the TSOM release I already have.
Mike,

There are two 50th Anniversary TSOM releases on Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Music-50th-Annversary-Blu-ray/dp/B00S58LEH2/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=ronspressrelease-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=G22GVGCYERBLRYM7&creativeASIN=B00S58LEH2

http://www.amazon.com/Anniversary-Ultimate-Collectors-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B00S58LFTE/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Mike, Best Buy has Wolfcop (He's a werewolf. He's a cop. He's Wolfcop!!) for $12.99 on Blu-ray, in case anyone was wondering..... Apparently it's an exclusive special edition with exclusive bonus features.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Would it be foolish of me to assume that the Breakfast Club in the 3-pack is the same as the standalone 30th anniversary edition? Normally I wouldn't buy Sixteen Candles or Weird Science standalone, but as part of the John Hughes Yearbook the price is right, but I just want to make sure I'm also getting the latest version of Breakfast Club.

Thanks!

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I think what's included in the John Hughes Yearbook Collection is the 30th Anniversary edition of the Breakfast Club, the extras mention the trivia track:

break.jpg

Nrc117

Auditioning
Real Name
Nancy
I bought the bluray edition of the breakfast club at best buy and on the front of the box there was a promotion exclusively for best buy that allowed the purchaser three free song downloads, as well as an ultraviolet digital copy of the film...I took it home, opened the box (since on the front it said that instructions for both downloads were inside...however there was no instructions for the music download)... I called best buy and the guy I talked to couldn't figure it out either and said a manager wouldn't be able to help either( I don't believe that but whatever)... So is anyone one else having this problem? Advice please....

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would check the back of the promotional sticker. Past exclusives have been located there

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I would also check your receipt. DLC redemptions are usually printed on the receipt at Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks