What's new

International Hamlet (1948) (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I don't know if Criterion will ever get around to releasing this film on Blu Ray, but... does anyone know if any of the European releases or the Japanese release are any good?

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
So, I got the BD today and looked into it.

I am no expert, please keep that in mind, but I would say there's some room for improvement.

The sharpness overall is good. The indoor shots look ok while the outdoor shots have quite some scratches. The grain looks a bit digital, especially on the outdoor shots. But not as bad as I would mind for only a couple of £'s.

This is an average Blu-ray at best.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
AshJW said:
So, I got the BD today and looked into it.

I am no expert, please keep that in mind, but I would say there's some room for improvement.
The sharpness overall is good. The indoor shots look ok while the outdoor shots have quite some scratches. The grain looks a bit digital, especially on the outdoor shots. But not as bad as I would mind for only a couple of £'s.

This is an average Blu-ray at best.
Thanks so much!! Good to know, I'll decide if I'll grab it or not!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Wish I'd seen this thread - the Hamlet Blu from the UK is dreadful. That film should be stunning on Blu-ray, and it is anything but.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks