What's new

Orphan Black Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Orphan Black" returns Saturday, April 18 at 9/8c on BBC America.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Vhk6rb-Gc&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Premieres three weeks from Saturday.

A new trailer from Space, the Canadian broadcaster:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6pAhHWlPo&index=1&list=PLSfh3ypxDMaHGPO0O357PMvOjbxVVdw2q[/media]

Some photos from the first two episodes:

OrphanBlack-S03-007.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-002.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-003.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-004.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-005.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-006.jpg
OrphanBlack-S03-008.jpg

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hope the show regains its focus this season. Too many ingredients in the soup last season.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Yeah, I don't really like the addiiton of the male clone counterparts. The story should remain about the girls.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
New Trailer for Season 3:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFaflCc1pc&index=1&list=PLSfh3ypxDMaHGPO0O357PMvOjbxVVdw2q[/media]

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Less than two weeks to go, and BBC America has released the title and synopsis for the third season premiere:
Season 3 - Ep 1 - The Weight of This Combination
Original Air Date: 18 April, 2015

Sarah pursues the missing Helena who is held in a faraway compound. Sarah must use her wiles —and acting chops — to deter a Topside investigator who threatens the Leda sisters’ lives. Meanwhile, Cosima appears to be rebounding from her illness, while Alison and Donnie face newfound financial woes. But when the menace of Castor rears its head once more, Sarah and her entire family must come together to survive.

The first season titles were all quoted from Charles Darwin. The second season titles were all quoted from Francis Bacon. If that title is any indication it looks like the season three title will all be quoted from Dwight D. Eisenhower, fitting given the military themes that emerged at the end of last season.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I must have missed Robert the first time around. I have been watching Season 2 over and for the 1st

time saw the Robert clone. Damn Maslany is good. To me she is right up there with such greats

as Olivier, Guinness, Streep and Dench. I can only imagine what she will do with upcoming movie

parts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Parker Clack said:
Damn Maslany is good. To me she is right up there with such greats

as Olivier, Guinness, Streep and Dench.
Funny you say that because back when she was rumored to be in one of the 50 Star Wars movies planned, I was saying how other than Alec Guinness, Tatiana Maslany would be the best actor in any of those movies.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TVLine has a good interview with Ari Millen about his new challenges in Season 3

BBC America also announced the credits for Season 3:

SERIES REGULARS:
Tatiana Maslany (Sarah and the Leda clones), Jordan Gavaris (Felix), Ari Millen (Mark/Rudy/Seth/Miller), Dylan Bruce (Paul), Maria Doyle Kennedy (Mrs. S), Evelyne Brochu (Delphine), Kevin Hanchard (Art), Skyler Wexler (Kira), Kristian Bruun (Donnie), Michiel Huisman (Cal), Kyra Harper (Mother/Dr. Coady) and Zoe De Grand’Maison (Gracie). All except Kyra Harper have appeared before, but Millen, Wexler, Bruun, Huisman and De Grand’Maison have all been bumped up from recurring status.

GUEST STARS:

Justin Chatwin (Jason Kellerman), James Dominic Frain (Ferdinand), Earl Pastko (Bulldog) and Ksenia Solo (Shay)

DIRECTORS:

John Fawcett, David Frazee, Chris Grismer, Helen Shaver, Ken Girotti, Aaron Morton, Vincenzo Natali

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just finished my rewatch of Season 2 on Blu-Ray. I thought it held together even better this time. The last few episodes, in particular, are absolutely pitch perfect from beginning to end.

I still think Tony is the least successful of Tatiana Maslany's clone performances, but setting aside the limitations of trying to emulate with hair and makeup what would be profound hormone-driven physiological changes, the character played a lot better for me this time around.

God, the stuff with Kira was just gut wrenching. For reason 8,262,357 why Tatiana Maslany was robbed of an Emmy for this season, watch the way she interacts with Skyler Wexler as Kira. Sarah, Cosima and Helena all have completely different relationships with Kira, and the way Wexler reacts to Maslany in each role is completely different. You really feel the deep bond between mother and child with Sarah and Kira. Kira's relationship with Helena is next closest, reflective both of Helena's unique bond with Sarah as her twin and Helena's (surprisingly enough) natural ease with children. Cosima by contrast is the cool aunt, with no maternal element at all and more like a fun older sister. It just astounds me how successfully that's conveyed both in the writing and the performances.

I'm a bit surprised not to have heard anything about Michelle Forbes's participation in Season 3, given the increasingly large role she played in the second season's final arc. With her commitments to "Powers", I'm not surprised that she's not going to be a full time presence, but I hope there's more than just an off-screen write off. On the other hand, given Michiel Huisman's significant other commitments including "Game of Thrones", I'm glad they were able to keep him in the mix. Cal was an important addition to the show, and he fills a niche that wasn't occupied before. I loved the little smile Cal and Paul give each other as the pass in the hangar; you know they're both thinking, Oh, Sarah. And then Mrs. S is irked by the fact that Sarah has all of these handsome men falling at her feet.

My #1 hope for Season 3, though, is more of Allison and Donnie rekindling their marriage through nefarious schemes. When they in the garage and Allison's trying to through the plastic to wrap up Leekie's body in, and Donnie snips at her for doing it wrong, I just about lost it.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm hoping Allison's storyline this season is better integrated into the main story arc this time. Her arc in Season 2, while containing many golden nuggets, could have been excised with minimal impact.

In retrospect that describes Season Two to a tee. A lot of great, unconnected moments.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Lou Sytsma said:
I'm hoping Allison's storyline this season is better integrated into the main story arc this time. Her arc in Season 2, while containing many golden nuggets, could have been excised with minimal impact.

In retrospect that describes Season Two to a tee. A lot of great, unconnected moments.

Actually, I'm hoping for more of each clone getting her own arc and how the 4 intersect. I mean, perhaps I've forgotten too much of the story since I haven't seen it in awhile, but what's left? They know they're clones, they know where they came from and now that Max Headroom's gone, is someone else going to pop up to want to steal them away and keep them locked up? That continual 'Dark Angel' storyline would get tiring fast.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I see a lot of the male clones being compared to the female clones. We have already been given

a glance at Helena's male clone example. I just don't want that part overshadowing the roles that

Maslany has brought to the show. It is about her characters and not the males. I am not sure why

they needed to bring the male clones into the story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In interviews ahead of the new season, the creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett have said that one of their concerns and preoccupations for season three was making sure the focus stayed on the Leda clones and Sarah's sisterhood and not letting the male clones overshadow things. They look at the male clones as another external force, like the Neolutionists or the Proletheans, and that they will only be seen to the extent that they impact the Leda clones.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm ready for this. And the addition of Ksenia Solo, who I think is one of the most attractive women on TV doesn't hurt.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I was just thinking about this the other day myself, and how there's probably only so far they can go with the premise (similar to Breaking Bad and BSG).

Five seasons sounds just about right; they still have two seasons left to plan an appropriate ending, and can fine-tune accordingly without having to artificially pad the storyline just for the sake of keeping it going.

Lately, 4-5 seasons has become the "new" 7-8 seasons for dramas, which is as it should be, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks