What's new

Last Man On Earth (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So did anyone watch it? It wasn't bad. I did love what he does with his time.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
There was some funny stuff in there and really liked the interplay between Phil and Carol. A lot of the stuff he did when alone was good. Just not sure how long the premise can hold on before getting tiresome.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
"Oh and one more thing...I apologize to Tom Hanks and the cast and crew of "Castaway". They nailed it."

I laughed out loud several times during these two episodes. This is fascinating and original stuff. A riff on "The Odd Couple" the likes of which we've never seen (I think Carol would approve of my grammar).

Very funny, very smart, great characters. I don't think the premise is going to be a problem at all - "The Odd Couple" lasted years, and there have been many other successful comedies based on a relationship between oil and water characters. Not to mention, I'm sure they will run into others eventually.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"How's your toilet-fountain?"

"Full."

Caught this last night. Extremely funny and grossly honest. Quite possibly the first show on FOX that is on an AMC/HBO-level of quality when it comes to production. Loved the whole Alexandra Daddario-fakeout. Don't think Kristen Schaal will be around for long. I think that foot is going to get bad infected.

Good premiere. It won't be easy to keep this premise going, but Lord, Miller, and Forte have a solid enough track-record to keep my skepticism at bay for now.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
So hey! Turns out you CAN survive on Doritos and tequila.

Stupid show. Got tired of it after half an hour. Love Kristen schaal, but hate will forte. That being said, the best part of this show was when will was all by himself and filling time while bored.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The underlying premise kind of bothers me with this one, since even a deadly virus wouldn't have left the world empty but untouched. He should have driven through rotting corpses everywhere he went. That would have kind of killed the mood, though.

Still, there's an absurdist humor at work here that's not like anything else on television right now, and that's earned it another week with me.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, I was wondering where all the dead bodies were. I also do not remember seeing any animals at all. Did the virus kill all the animals as well?

I also think If I was alone and had survive without power and water, Southern Arizona would not be my first choice. I would move to a city with a more temperate climate and water. I can't imagine living there in the summer with no air conditioning.

I bet they picked Tucson because it was easier to film outside with people and cars in the distance.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I hope they don't get rid of Kristen Schaal, she has great chemistry with Forte. I thought I read somewhere that the producers chose not to show any animals or dead bodies to keep the tone of the series lighter.

I was thinking the same thing about being in Arizona, knowing full well the heat of the desert in the summer. You'd think the characters would move to Malibu or Santa Monica. They could cut 2 holes in the pier and never have to worry about the toilet being full.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Pretty good episode, not as good as last weeks but it was good seeing Carol coming around to doing stuff Phil likes. Next week looks interesting.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Carol character's erratic honesty choices bothered me. She wants to obey certain rules but not others (that's not HER home she's moving into, after all, and her food and water must come from somewhere that she's stealing from).

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I hope that aspect of her character changes. I know it's being played for laughs, but it still needs to be rooted in some kind of logic.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:unsure:
Matt Hough said:
The Carol character's erratic honesty choices bothered me. She wants to obey certain rules but not others (that's not HER home she's moving into, after all, and her food and water must come from somewhere that she's stealing from).

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I hope that aspect of her character changes. I know it's being played for laughs, but it still needs to be rooted in some kind of logic.

I get where she's coming from, though. She's trying to hold on to civilization in little ways, but things like tracking down the mortgage to legally buy the house would be nuts.

She wants to restart the human race, so I hope she's cool with the new girl and Phil. I mean, if we're following this to its logical conclusion, it's slightly better for half-siblings to mate than full brother and sister. :unsure:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm hanging in there on this but I would have liked to see more deeper in to it with him being alone before meeting another few people.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I've been watching and will continue for now, but for me a little Will Forte goes a long way. I keep picturing him as a drug addicted McGruber shooting ping pong balls out of his ass for money saying "just pay me what you think its worth"...

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Pretty funny episode. Like the comparisons of Phil to Tarantino and K.D. Lang and all of the stuff he;s doing to impress Melissa.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"...And it was, truly, a Shawshank Redemption."

If there's one thing about this arc, it's that the writers have been pretty up-front about Phil being a repulsive jag. You are 100% on the side of the women being annoyed by his idiocy.

At the same time, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea that Phil has maybe been a terrible person all along, and we just didn't know it, because he hasn't had anybody else around to be terrible to. Still the most unusual show on network TV, though.

(“But, mathematically, if each session is eight hours long...”)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks