What's new

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Heard about it earlier from Facebook! He made original 60s NBC Trek worth watching (I saw it through from the three remastered DVD releases of the same).

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I just saw this on Yahoo!. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a link (at work)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
b76e0913_DVDPlayerScreenSnapz033.jpeg

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Very sad to hear of his passing - wonderful memories of growing up, anxiously waiting for the next Star Trek episode.

To paraphrase one of Spock's many famous line "He is dead Jim but not in my mind".

Deepest condolences to his family, friends and folks lucky enough to have experienced the Star Trek universe with Lenord Nimoy in it.

Regards,

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I saw Nimoy speak a few years ago at a convention (2010?). He was eloquent and funny, as always. I wanted to do the personal meet and greet, but we were pressed for time (babysitters!) and had to go. I'll always be sad I didn't take that extra half hour to shake his hand. Still, I'm glad I did take a few hours to go and hear him speak. That was only the second time I saw him; the first was in 1975 when, as an 8-year-old, I won tickets to a New York Star Trek convention and saw the entire cast of the original show.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sad news. RIP Mr. Nimoy. I remember my one "sighting" of him. I was in the drive-through line at Westwood's In-N-Out with a buddy when I looked in the rearview mirror and saw what I was 99% sure was Leonard Nimoy in the car behind me (I think it was an SUV). I asked my friend if that was him, he turned around and said "yup, I think his kid goes to UCLA" which is located in Westwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks