What's new

Liquipel Waterproof Protection for the iPhone? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I saw this Liquipel thing over on NewEgg. Apparently they take your phone apart and coat everything, even the inside electronics with there magic staff and you iPhone is now waterproof for life. Of course, the warranty is for only one year and there is a $99 deductible per incident and you are only allowed one incident during the warranty.

In theory, the idea of ALL of the phone being waterproof sounds great, but the warranty is not exactly a ringing endorsement of the product.

Anyone have this done or know how well it works?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wouldn't do it. It will undoubtedly violate your Apple warranty, so if a non-water problem happens in that first year, you're screwed.

And if the claim is for lifetime protection, why don't they stand behind it? One year warranty tells me they don't believe it will last.

And Apple is known -- though not guaranteed -- to replace phones for modest fees if you have an accident and ask nicely at an apple store.

Finally: what's the cost of this product?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, I'm not doing it. But it sounds like a neat idea. Water proof tHe phone from the inside out.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It makes me wonder how badly coating the lightning port contacts would affect conductivity. No way I would do it either.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My solution: Never put myself in a situation where my iPhone might end up in any liquid.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks