– Big Hero 6 – 2014

– Watership Down – 1978

– The Majestic – 2001

– The Night They Raided Minsky's – 1968

– Fellini Satyricon – 1969

– Ten Seconds to Hell – 2005)

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
52 Pick-Up   $13.99
Beyond the Lights   $14.96 $17.99 $16.99
Big Hero 6   $14.99 $14.99 $16.99
Blood Red   $17.99
Code Black $22.99
Connection, The [1962]   $19.99
Dangerously Close   $17.99
Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse   $19.95
Eat Drink Man Woman   $13.99
Fellini Satyricon [Criterion]  $22.99
First Deadly Sin, The [Warner Archive] 
God Told Me To   $11.99
Horrible Bosses 2   $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Intruders, The   $14.96
Lego Super Sweet 2-Movie Collection   $22.99
Lovesick [Warner Archive] 
Michael Collins [Warner Archive] 
Night They Raided Minsky's, The   $17.99
Sons of Anarchy:  The Complete Series     $119.99
Sons of Anarchy:  Season 7   $34.96 $29.99 $24.99
Star 80 [Warner Archive] 
Ten Seconds to Hell   $17.89
Watership Down [Criterion]  $22.99
Whiplash   $17.96
Wild Orchid   $17.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
52 Pick-Up    $18.99
American Gigolo    $8.69
Basic Instinct    $x.xx
Beyond the Lights    $19.96 $19.99 $22.99
Beyond, The    $24.99
Big Hero 6    $18.90 $19.99 $19.99
Black Sunday: The U.S. Release Version    $12.69
Blood Red    $19.99
Connection, The [1962]    $24.99
Dangerously Close    $19.99
Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse    $22.99 $22.99
Eat Drink Man Woman    $19.99
Fellini Satyricon  [Criterion]  $29.99
First Blood    $x.xx
Frank Darabont Blu-ray Collection, The   $22.97
God Told Me To    $17.99
Horrible Bosses 2    $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
In the Land of Headhunters    $24.99
Majestic, The    $9.99
Massacre Mafia Style    $17.99
Midsomer Murders     $36.99
New Year's Evil    $17.98
Night They Raided Minsky's, The    $19.99
Sons of Anarchy     $169.99
Sons of Anarchy:  Season 7    $39.96 $34.99 $29.99
Ten Seconds to Hell    $18.99
Vanish    $16.99
Watership Down  [Criterion] $27.59
Whiplash    $16.99 $16.99
Wild Orchid    $19.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--There are new Warner Archive releases this week.  Pre-order HERE.

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE LENTICULAR PACKAGING with its Blu copies of Big Hero 6.

--Best Buy also has a $7 SAVINGS when you buy BOTH of the Blu-ray releases of Horrible Bosses ($11.99) AND Horrible Bosses 2 (see price above in grid).  

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$11.99:  Andromeda Strain (Blu), Sneakers (Blu),  The Game (1997) (Blu)

$14.99:  Birdman (DVD), Munich (2005) (Blu).

$16.99:  Boyhood (DVD), St. Vincent (DVD), The Theory of Everything (DVD), Nightcrawler (DVD).

$17.99:  Birdman (Blu)

$19.99:  Boyhood (Blu), St. Vincent (Blu).

$22.99:  The Theory of Everything (Blu), Nightcrawler (Blu).

$29.99:  Game of Thrones: Season 4 (DVD)

$34.99:  Game of Thrones: S4 (Blu)

--Best Buy is advertising four Disney titles at the prices of $14.99 (DVD)/$19.99 (Blu):  Wreck-It Ralph, Planes, Brave, The Little Mermaid.

--And, Best Buy has the following four DC Comics Blu-rays on sale for $9.99 apiece:  Green lantern: First Flight, Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: The New Frontier, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

--Five TV seasons are on sale for $16.99 this week:  World Wars (Blu),  Pretty Little Liars: S4 (DVD), Arrow: S1 (DVD), Scandal: S1 (DVD), Once Upon a Time: S1 (DVD).

--"Up to 35 titles" are on sale at Best Buy this week AND carry the opportunity for "My Best Buy" members to collect 100 MBB Bonus Points (all Blu unless otherwise noted):

$9.99:  21 Jump Street, The Amazing Spider-Man, This Is the End, The Monuments Men (DVD), Grown Ups, Captain Phillips (DVD), White House Down.

$19.99 (Pre-Orders):  Penguins of Madagascar, Exodus Gods & Kings, Into the Woods, Interstellar (BB Exclusive with bonus content), Unbroken (BB Exclusive with steelbook).

--And Best Buy continues it's deal that if you pre-order the Blu-ray of Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 from them ($19.99) you can get an HD digital copy immediately.  And for $29.99, you get the pre-order Blu plus digital copies of all three Hunger Games films.

--Save $10 at BB this week when you buy Sons of Anarchy: Season 7 and ANY OTHER season of Sons of Anarchy (Reg. Price $29.99 - $37.99).

--TV on DVD on sale at BB this week:

$19.99:  American Horror Story: S3 (DVD), Vikings: S2 (Blu), Arrow: S2 (Blu), Big Bang Theory: S7 (Blu), Fargo: S1 (Blu).

$24.99:  Mad Men: Final Season Part 1 (Blu), Reno 911!: Complete Series (DVD), True Detective: Season 1 (DVD), Under the Dome: S2 (DVD), Girls: S3 (Blu).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK RELEASE of Big Hero 6.  Also, save $5 on the Blu-ray of Big Hero 6 when you purchase the 4" Big Hero 6 action figure shown in the ad (SALE $6)--or ANY Disney Infinity character.  

--Target is also advertising EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING on the Season 7 Blu-ray of Sons of Anarchy (along with all seven season sets on DVD).  The DVD sets of seasons 1-6 are priced at $14.99 apiece. 

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Target (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$8.99:  Snowpiercer.

$14.99:  Fury (Blu)

$15.99:  St. Vincent, Nightcrawler.

$17.99:  Lucy

$32.99:  Game of Thrones: Season 4

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $4.50 DVDs.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Sons Of Anarchy: Season Seven and if Best Buy can actually get their act together, I'll get Munich. I was going to wait on Whiplash but at that price, what the heck.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been assured by Fox that I'll be getting Beyond the Lights to review so expect that one next week. No assurances if they'll send Sons of Anarchy's last season or not. I'll just let it be a surprise if it comes.

Thanks for the early RoundUp, Mike! (And I'm READY for spring! It's been a cold, icy week in the East.)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Majestic on Blu-ray.... Finally! I've been waiting for this one.

Thanks for the early roundup.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
I'd go for Watership Down but the Criterion prices are too much for me, I'll just have to stick with my Widescreen LD for now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
hotrodguy said:
I'd go for Watership Down but the Criterion prices are too much for me, I'll just have to stick with my Widescreen LD for now.
What's your price point?

There is a decent chance that this week will be the twice annual Criterion.com 50% sale. Best guess is Tuesday which luckily is also release day. Normally it's a 1 day sale(sometimes 24 hour), stock can run out on popular items, and in the past it's taken $50 for Free Shipping so if there are 3 items you can't wait to have that's an option.

Otherwise July B&N 50% sale is still expected.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. Assuming it's not too difficult to find on release day, I hope to be getting the Big Hero 6 steelbook...or will go with the regular edition otherwise. Target.com is already not selling the steelbook, which seems fishy to me seeing as it's a preorder, how can they already be out of stock? (It was up for $24.99 a few days ago, and I was waiting to see if they would lower the price and now it is gone.)

It's also worth noting that Wal-Mart has a gift set of Big Hero 6 with a bonus DVD "The Science of Big Hero 6," although it's not clear what's on that.

I want to get Whiplash as well, but that will have to wait until March.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. Assuming it's not too difficult to find on release day, I hope to be getting the Big Hero 6 steelbook...or will go with the regular edition otherwise. Target.com is already not selling the steelbook, which seems fishy to me seeing as it's a preorder, how can they already be out of stock?
I guess it's possible that they're already gone through allotment.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
TravisR said:
I guess it's possible that they're already gone through allotment.

If that is the case, they really need to get more copies. What is the point of having these kinds of store exclusives at all if they are printed in such limited quantity that they can't even be found easily on release date? When Target had the limited edition steelbook for Django Unchained, my local store didn't get any and a friend in another state got it and mailed it to me

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I went to Best Buy this week (Thursday) to buy "Birdman" on Blu-ray. They were sold out! I can't remember the last title I've seen sold out.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
John Burton said:
I went to Best Buy this week (Thursday) to buy "Birdman" on Blu-ray. They were sold out! I can't remember the last title I've seen sold out.
Did you check more than one location?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Seems ironic the BB is selling Big Hero with lenticular packaging. Oh well, at least something about it will be 3D. :(

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
David Norman said:
What's your price point?

There is a decent chance that this week will be the twice annual Criterion.com 50% sale. Best guess is Tuesday which luckily is also release day. Normally it's a 1 day sale(sometimes 24 hour), stock can run out on popular items, and in the past it's taken $50 for Free Shipping so if there are 3 items you can't wait to have that's an option.

Otherwise July B&N 50% sale is still expected.

I don't ususally spend more than $10 for any given title on Blu, $30 is out of the question, I don't need to own any movie that bad! I'm a good bargain hunter and can find any BD I want at my price point at local record stores and by waiting a little longer. Besides, it seems Criterion's sale is already over... That's OK, I'll find it eventually but my LD is just fine for now. Thanks for the heads up on the sale though.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
hotrodguy said:
I don't ususally spend more than $10 for any given title on Blu, $30 is out of the question, I don't need to own any movie that bad! I'm a good bargain hunter and can find any BD I want at my price point at local record stores and by waiting a little longer. Besides, it seems Criterion's sale is already over... That's OK, I'll find it eventually but my LD is just fine for now. Thanks for the heads up on the sale though.
Over, it hasn't happened yet this year? Speculation is that it will be 2/24 and the usual Criterions will be $20. The issue is whether you need a couple others to get the Free Shipping unless they've changed their past levels.

B&N July sale (assuming it happens again this year) with a little effort $12-15 a piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks