What's new

Denon e300 roku 3 (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I have my roku hooked up to Denon on the cable hdmi but when I turn off the Denon or still shows the roku on the source is this cause the roku is always on or what?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The OP's post was unclear to me too; but yes, the Roku 3 are always on. I'm guessing he's still seeing the signal when the Denon is off, and that's probably because the Denon has passthrough enabled.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Yes sorry if it was unclear but. Still seeing a signal from the roku when the Denon is off. I'm assuming I can turn that off

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes your Denon has HDMI passthrough in standby(technically, there is no "off").

What is the issue?

Are you trying to watch something with the TV and every time you turn the TV on it defaults to HDMI?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bjballar41 said:
No just thought it was weird when it was off its still on
Lots of cool tricks the modern stuff does.

Standby is the appropriate term. And yes, I still say "off".

Without standby, the remote wouldn't turn it on. Even some BD players can network update while in standby.

The Netgear NeoTV I have actually has a power button the remote. Causes consternation for some people as the app does not. I leave mine on.

Tempted to finally dump the NeoTV for a Roku. Finally a Prime member and Netgear won't be adding Amazon anytime soon(even though my phone and tablet have it). Be nice if Chromecast had Prime support.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If the signal bother you, you can probably turn "standby passthrough" off in the Denon. At least, I know I can on my Yamaha. ("Standby" is required for a lot of other neat features, which you may or may not want; but you can usually leave "standby" on, but turn off the "passthrough" of the HDMI signals.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks