What's new

Hart to Hart season 4 received (some pictures of the same included) (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Was earlier in receipt of my fourth-season (1982-83) Hart to Hart purchase; just wanted to post some pictures of the same. As far as the CPT logo is concerned, it does have the 80s Torch Lady with classic jingle, but it is not the Coke Lady; rather, it is the "bylineless" 80s Torch Lady seen on Mill Creek's T.J. Hooker release. Still, I'm glad it does have a CPT logo.

Attachments

• hartseason4episodeguide.jpg
    hartseason4episodeguide.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 84
  • hartseason4frontspineandback.jpg
    hartseason4frontspineandback.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 95
  • hartseason4menu.jpg
    hartseason4menu.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 96
  • hartseason4r2sgiawcpt.jpg
    hartseason4r2sgiawcpt.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 156

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Mine arrived today too! I appreciate the fast-tracking in getting S4 released. Hope we can see a similar fast-tracking for S5 so this title is finished. Which would be a first that I can recall from Shout for a non-sitcom Sony/Columbia property that required (1) more than one season to be finished unlike "S.W.A.T." and (2) didn't have a complete series set released first.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Jack P said:
Mine arrived today too! I appreciate the fast-tracking in getting S4 released. Hope we can see a similar fast-tracking for S5 so this title is finished. Which would be a first that I can recall from Shout for a non-sitcom Sony/Columbia property that required (1) more than one season to be finished unlike "S.W.A.T." and (2) didn't have a complete series set released first.
Even if that fifth season (1983-84) is not as good as the other four, it'll still be good to have, you're right about that. I'd most assuredly like that series finished.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
I like the theme music from Season 3 better than 4. Every season the music is tweaked but I enjoyed the theme music from Season 3 the best.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
classictvfan40 said:
I like the theme music from Season 3 better than 4. Every season the music is tweaked but I enjoyed the theme music from Season 3 the best.
The piano in it really set it off!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
On the bylineless CPT logo in this fourth-season release, it seems as if a little more of the pedestal is seen than would have been with the Coke Lady. Do you notice any difference on that score?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That bylineless alternate CPT 80s Torch Lady on this release: spot-checked, and it is on all 22 episodes.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
My pre-order set has been delayed due to issues with supply for Hart to Hart!

I am looking forward to seeing S5 come out as this will be another show I can knock off my list of completed series!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
What's everyone's take on S4 so far? It seems to me like there's a pretty steep drop-off in the quality of the show in S4, almost as if it became too formulaic.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I think the show was always formulaic from the get-go. The chemistry between Wagner and Powers is what drove it and if you enjoyed watching them, the weaknesses of the stories I think were pretty much well-obscured. The S4 episodes I've sampled benefited from some great guest shots because it was great to see in the S4 premiere Antoinette Bower get a great villainess role reminiscent of her 60s guest shots. Julie Newmar's turn as a contract killer is also fun to watch.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Jack P said:
I think the show was always formulaic from the get-go. The chemistry between Wagner and Powers is what drove it and if you enjoyed watching them, the weaknesses of the stories I think were pretty much well-obscured.

Formulaic though Hart might have been, it was indeed the way that R.J. and Stefanie carried off their screen marriage as Jonathan and Jennifer that has been the major reason why this has become one of my most favorite shows ever.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
I like Season 4 but you can notice that Season 5 was the worst Season of the whole show. But anyway I´m looking Forward to pick up Season 5 this year in order to complete my collection.

Didn´t like the TV films in the 90´s. I´m not going to watch them again because I didn´t like them.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
bronson said:
Didn´t like the TV films in the 90´s. I´m not going to watch them again because I didn´t like them.

Point taken about those! I had once thought about getting one or two of the 90s movies, but you're right-- they weren't really that great.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am not sure I really care that much if the episodes deteriorated in S5 as I just want S5 to complete my set!

BTW: Many shows suffer from weaken episodes over their haul, like Charlie's Angels, A-Team, Starsky and Hutch, etc.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
One negative change I do remember in S5 was that Stefanie cut her hair that year and it didn't look as great as in the previous seasons.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Jack P said:
One negative change I do remember in S5 was that Stefanie cut her hair that year and it didn't look as great as in the previous seasons.
I noticed that on the fifth-season opener, "Two Harts Are Better Than One."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks