What's new

Cheers shelf-friendly release coming! (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
On 5/5, Paramount's coming out with a new shelf-friendly full-series release of Cheers.

This from TVShowsonDVD.com says that this new release (the previous 11 seasonal releases [1982-93] had been in a brick form) will have the same content and bonuses that those individual releases had (270 shows on 45 discs).

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cheers-The-Complete-Series/20744

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Yeah I saw them post this on FB the other day. Great news. I wonder if the early seasons will have upgrades to include a "play all" feature which is not on the the seasons sets (at least not mine which I got a decade ago).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
albert_m2 said:
Yeah I saw them post this on FB the other day. Great news. I wonder if the early seasons will have upgrades to include a "play all" feature which is not on the the seasons sets (at least not mine which I got a decade ago).
I'm hoping the early ones do too on this new release. The individuals (I have two of those) did indeed have menus that were very hard to work with.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
There is a Complete Series set available from the UK which is reasonably priced, but I'm going to wait and see what the packaging looks like on the US set before I decide on which version to buy.

This is the UK set:

screenshot-www.amazon.co.uk 2015-02-11 11-17-28.png

screenshot-www.amazon.co.uk 2015-02-11 11-18-02.png

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
For what it's worth, the recent Taxi set looks exactly like one of those interior sets in the UK box above. It's pretty functional and no sliding discs.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Blu-Ray would be a waste unless they're willing to clear music and fix other issues with seasons 8-11 that didn't receive the same quality treatment as the earlier seasons.

I'd love a high quality Blu-Ray set of this show, but only if no compromises are made and the episodes are properly presented (And that US Savings Bond promotion that was talked about around here recently should also be tossed in).

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
This is good news, just need to wait for the price to go down to what I can afford. I wouldn't mind if the cases are like the Taxi set.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
It would be really disappointing and frustrating if the early season discs were not updated to have a play all features.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I'd be surprised if the content on the discs was any different from the original releases. Generally, when they release series sets, they're just trying to make some more money on existing items and not spend more on making new discs.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I wondered if it was different because IIRC the music licensing laws are different in the UK than in the US. I also heard they got better Happy Days sets than we did.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MatthewA said:
I wondered if it was different because IIRC the music licensing laws are different in the UK than in the US. I also heard they got better Happy Days sets than we did.

They definitely got better Quantum Leap sets, music-wise.

And Ally McBeal was out for a few years in the UK before the US managed to negotiate the music minefield.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks