What's new

Control sub volume along with speakers? (1 Viewer)

Marvin Namro

Auditioning
I have a little budget stereo system for my PC. Which gives me a lot better sound than a regular pc speaker set, but requires a rather tricky setup.

It's a 2.0 stereo amplifier with speaker out for right and left channel only. The audio in is 2x RCA that goes to an 3,5mm Y-adapter. The other end goes to the subwoofer which also uses 2x RCA.

So basically from the PC goes a Y-adapter with one end going to the stereo amp and the other end to the subwoofer, since the stereo amp doesn't have a low level input.

Everything sounds great, but when i increase the volume on the stereo amp, I also need to increase the volume separately on the subwoofer to keep the volumes proportional. Is there any way to wire this differently so the stereo amp will also control the sub volume or some sort of an external volume knob that i can hook all that together and use that as the master volume?

subwoofer-hav-sw100-konig.jpg

post-390171-0-94928800-1420747930.jpg

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Marvin Namro, on 09 Feb 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Is there any way to wire this differently so the stereo amp will also control the sub volume or some sort of an external volume knob that i can hook all that together and use that as the master volume?

Not with the system you have now. You’d have to get a sub that has speaker level inputs.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks