What's new

Yamaha RX V-1200 creating speaker Snap/Krackle/Pop (1 Viewer)

matthewpagni

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
When my receiver is switched to analog input in get Rice Crispies sound effects from the speakers. When listening (actively streaming digital input to the receiver ) I have no problem, but when switching back to analog, even without actually trying to play music the receiver starts with the snap/crackle/pop's again. What is interesting is that I also get noise by simply unplugging or stopping the digital optical input if the receiver is on Auto input select. The only time i am static free is when i am on auto input with actively streaming digital input or when I set the input to DTS only which is never use because for some reason i have never figured out how to get DTS input to work. So I think something with the analog input is the problem but I am not sure what the part is or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

My set up is a Yahmaha RX V1200 -> Snell K.5 mk2 fronts and CLS.5 rears if that makes any difference.

I appreciate the help.

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
matthewpagni said:
Bummer. Yippee! It served me well.

Any suggestions for a good mulitpurpose mid range AVR?
I upgraded from an RXV663 to a RXV775 from Costco and love it. Only downside was, the 663 would convert component video 480p in to HDMI out, the 775 refuses to, so I have to add a redundant component video out to my Samsung LED TV for those connections. Oh, and 7-channel Stereo won't let me turn the Center all the way down like my 663 did. :_(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks