What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May/June 2015 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

EXCLUSIVE TWILIGHT TIME ANNOUNCEMENT

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these May/June Announcements. Enjoy!

If you see these titles posted elsewhere within the hour without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Unknown.jpeg

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966) BLU-RAY - May 12th

MISSISSIPPI BURNING (1988) BLU-RAY - May 12th

AMERICAN BUFFALO (1996) BLU-RAY - May 12th

HOMBRE (1967) BLU-RAY - May 12th

CARLA’S SONG (1996) BLU-RAY - May 12th

ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS (1986) BLU-RAY - June 9th

STATE OF GRACE (1990) BLU-RAY - June 9th

MISSISSIPPI MERMAID (1969) BLU-RAY - June 9th

THE YOUNG LIONS (1958) BLU-RAY - June 9th

THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS (1967) BLU-RAY - June 9th

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
After several months of having titles I either definitely wanted or would consider, nothing at all for me in this list.

Disappointed that there were no
Woody Allens (Such as
Take The Money And Run,
Play It Again, Sam,
Everyone Says I Love You)

or early Columbia (such as
You'll Never Get Rich,
You Were Never Lovelier)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nothing really caught my attention since I dont know any of these films at all. So I did some research and there are two films of interest that I can rent on Amazon Prime and a third title that has some DVDs for sale starting at 48 cents :)

I dont mind of there isnt anything on my bucket-list because it is possible in two months TT will have something I want that's in my collection and at the same time Kino Lorber has titles that I do want and can budget a lot easier :)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
A Man For All Seasons, Mississippi Burning, The Night of the Generals, Hombre and The Young Lions are all must buys for me. I have to admit The Night of the Generals was a wonderful surprise as I just did not expect to see that on blu. It is a very dark WWII mystery featuring a fantastic cast and wonderful photography. I am probably most excited about this title and Hombre which oddly enough I was just talking about the other day and hoping it would end up on a blu-ray. I'll also pick up State of Grace and American Buffalo.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Those Allen titles may be not be covered by any of TT's deals. Plenty of good stuff here.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The top two for me.

Very excited about both, but MISSISSIPPI BURNING for sure because it's a damn good film. I discovered while watching all 494 best picture Noms in 365 days that I really liked and enjoyed this film.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I can't keep up with TT.

They're releasing more and more titles I'd be interested in.

From these I have seen Hombre and Young Lions which I'll probably get.

Haven't seen Man for All seasons but I have heard good words, and I love period epics..

How is the Night of the Generals? I have listened to the soundtrack only.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Two more months of spending my allowance - particularly pleased to toss my non-anamorphic DVD of MISSISSIPPI MERMAID, a fine version of an American crime novel by Cornell Woolrich.

Tama

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tama
Hombre, Man for All Seasons, and Mississippi Burning for me. May all around is looking to be an expensive month for me. :)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A nice eclectic choice of offerings. A few maybes but only two definites: The Young Lions and Mississippi Mermaid. TT has been generous with their Truffaut offerings recently. I already got their The Bride Wore Black and will order Story Of Adele H once they put it up for pre-order. Now with Mississippi Mermaid coming, is it too much to hope that The Wild Child and The Man Who Loved Women may soon follow?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cremildo said:
Never heard of A Man For All Seasons, Mississipi Burning, The Night of the Generals, Hombre and The Young Lions?

They're all undisputed classics, one of them an Oscar winner (A Man...), another a Best Picture nominee (Mississipi) and the others are directed by veteran masters and have glorious actors that include Dustin Hoffman, Peter O'Toole, Montgomery Clift and Paul Newman.

I don't understand the need of some people to show their ignorance publicly as if waiting for a pat on the back or some sort of admiration. This sort of blasé disinterest is at best offensive to those who have long awaited the HD release of such all-time, world-renowned classic titles. It doesn't make you look good, especially not on a forum whose focus is movies.
Please, let's ease up on the public admonishments! We try to maintain non-hostile posting environment here and there is no reason to get so personal with your comments. Thank you.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thomas T said:
A nice eclectic choice of offerings. A few maybes but only two definites: The Young Lions and Mississippi Mermaid. TT has been generous with their Truffaut offerings recently. I already got their The Bride Wore Black and will order Story Of Adele H once they put it up for pre-order. Now with Mississippi Mermaid coming, is it too much to hope that The Wild Child and The Man Who Loved Women may soon follow?
And SMALL CHANGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks