What's new

International The Man Who Fell To Earth - Japan BR (March 4, 2015) (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
My original post might be the dumbest post I have ever made here.

Assuming they use the original audio track, I would not need English subtitles.

I think I was operating in a "force of habit" mode, from times when I would see that a French- or Italian-language film was released in France or Italy, and in those cases, I would *need* the English subtitles (and they were not always actually included).

So I ended up conflating "Amazon, Japan" with the idea that I would need English subtitles.

Not my best moment on the board.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
The Criterion Blu is out-of-print, right?

Must be, because the only one available at (US) Amazon is priced at more than $170.00.

So, for those of us who missed the Criterion, this should be a lot less expensive, right?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Dave B Ferris said:
The Criterion Blu is out-of-print, right?

Must be, because the only one available at (US) Amazon is priced at more than $170.00.

So, for those of us who missed the Criterion, this should be a lot less expensive, right?

I think you'll find the U. K. Blu-ray disc even less expensive!

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Robin9 said:
I think you'll find the U. K. Blu-ray disc even less expensive!
Is the U.K. also region free? The Japan release is listed as region free (hopefully an accurate listing). That would make a difference, for me.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Dave B Ferris said:
Is the U.K. also region free? The Japan release is listed as region free (hopefully an accurate listing). That would make a difference, for me.

Frankly, I don't know. This is not a film or disc that interests me. But I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that anyone posting in the "International" forum and thinking about importing discs would have gone multi-zone long ago.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Dave B Ferris said:

The UK disc is Region "B" locked. The Japanese wouldn't need to be region-free, as Japan is region "A", same as north America. Apparently, there are Italian and Spanish versions that are region-free and likely cheaper than Japan.

http://www.amazon.it/Man-Who-Fell-Earth-Edizione/dp/B004EMS07K/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1423671474&sr=1-1&keywords=man+who+fell+to+earth

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Worth said:
The UK disc is Region "B" locked. The Japanese wouldn't need to be region-free, as Japan is region "A", same as north America. Apparently, there are Italian and Spanish versions that are region-free and likely cheaper than Japan.

http://www.amazon.it/Man-Who-Fell-Earth-Edizione/dp/B004EMS07K/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1423671474&sr=1-1&keywords=man+who+fell+to+earth
That link goes to an import listing of the UK Blu-ray, not an Italian release.

The Italian release is here: http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00LG4IU88/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks