What's new

Brad Bird's TOMORROWLAND trailer, website surprises (1 Viewer)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

First, a disclaimer: I searched, fully expecting to find an existing thread about Brad Bird's upcoming film, TOMORROWLAND, but came up empty-handed. The shame...! The horror...!

Seriously, I'm surprised that no one is talking about this movie. I've seen it mentioned briefly in other threads, but I don't see a stand-alone discussion. Bird has made only a few films, but every stinkin' one of them is awesome, so I have high expectations for this movie.

I grew up reading Avengers comics and seeing the Star Wars OT in theaters, but I'm probably looking forward to TOMORROWLAND more than AGE OF ULTRON or the new Star Wars film.

So...

I stumbled upon a new website for the movie. It includes the trailer that was shown during the Super Bowl. Just in case you missed it, during the trailer on the website, every once in a while, the "T" pin logo pops up on the screen. If you click it, you're taken to a zoomable image of what we can assume is the Tomorrowland from the film. Some of the details in the images are really cool.

There are probably other little surprises buried in the website. If you find any, let me know.

https://www.takemetotomorrowland.com/

And, man, I wish Disney would sell those pins. They look rather cool.

Enjoy,

matt

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I would be SHOCKED if Disney doesn't sell those pins, but maybe just in the parks. They are big into pin-trading. It'd be fun if they weren't so expensive. :)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
The Optimist online-reality game two years ago, in fan-preparation for the D23 con, let players live the "The Disney truth is out there" world of the heroine (while looking up real-life locations in WDW, Anaheim and Burbank), and pretty much gave away the entire movie:

One particular clue was a free Carousel of Progress "archival souvenir NY World's Fair LP from 1964" sent to players to be used in a very special way, and which, when played properly, turned out to be SO spoiler-laden, you'll think you've seen the entire movie--

With that warning (ie. that things start getting a little spoiler-interesting on Side 2, at 7:57)

("We've got big plans in our icebox!" Yeah, I'll bet they do... :cool: )

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
There has been two teaser trailers and, now, two trailers for 'Tomorrowland'. The most recent trailer was released today, and it gives us even more clues as to what is going on! This movie looks absolutely awesome!! I think I'm more excited about this than any other film this year!

Here's the latest trailer!

Mark

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Mark Booth said:
There has been two teaser trailers and, now, two trailers for 'Tomorrowland'. The most recent trailer was released today, and it gives us even more clues as to what is going on! This movie looks absolutely awesome!! I think I'm more excited about this than any other film this year!

Here's the latest trailer!

Mark

Cuts a dude's arm off = PG :unsure:

There's a "Toward the Terra" vibe to this. (That's a manga series from the '70s turned into a 1980 anime movie and then redone as a 2007 anime series.) I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) of this had seen or read it.

Oh, and Al Jolson wants his line back. (Did Disney get permission from Warner Bros. for its use?)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Vic Pardo said:

This is the studio that somehow finagled a 'G' rating for Cars 2, a film in which a character is slowly tortured to death semi-on screen (you see the reflection of it in glass).

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Vic Pardo said:

There's a "Toward the Terra" vibe to this. (That's a manga series from the '70s turned into a 1980 anime movie and then redone as a 2007 anime series.) I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) of this had seen or read it.

Oh, and Al Jolson wants his line back. (Did Disney get permission from Warner Bros. for its use?)

Did you not notice they were cyborgs or something? No blood - just sparks and wires. That gives them a PG pass.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to buy my tickets for a May 22 showing of 'Tomorrowland' at my favorite Dolby ATMOS theater (huge screen) but their site is acting up (I get a server error at the point where I'd select my seats). Very frustrating!

In other news, I ordered two Tomorrowland pins (as featured in the movie) and my wife and I each plan to wear one when we go to the theater! :D

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I so far have managed to avoid trailers for this, but it's one of my most anticipated movies of 2015. Just got IMAX tickets for the May 21st Thursday night advance showing. Apparently the film is being presented in an expanded aspect ratio exclusive to IMAX theaters.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
We went to Arclight to see '5 Flights Up' today. While there, we booked our seats for Saturday, May 23 to see 'Tomorrowland'. Our friends couldn't join us on the 22nd so we delayed the date by one day. Dolby ATMOS theater with a monster big screen! Can't wait!

Mark

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
This looks really interesting, I'm trying not to know too much about it besides what's in the trailers. I want to be surprised but I like what I've seen so far. I probably won't see it until the end of the month.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
What if there is a place, a secret place, where nothing is impossible?

i-Lh2MqMS-X2.jpg

Mark

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I saw the trailer with Avengers. Intriguing movie, but the trailer itself seemed like they started playing a scene and then forgot to cut away. I wasn't sure why they needed to show five minutes of the assault on the cabin.

(Of course, it probably didn't help that the theater I was in just had one volume for everything during the trailers: LOUD. There was no nuance or difference in the sound.)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I agree with Chip. For me the first Teaser was pretty good; but the 2nd one actually left me a little meh. I hope I'm wrong. I'm afraid I've gotten crotchety with movies. ;)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
BTW, that's my hand holding the pin in the photo above. I got two different pins, one for me and one for my wife, to wear when we go see it! :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Ejanss said:
The Optimist online-reality game two years ago, in fan-preparation for the D23 con, let players live the "The Disney truth is out there" world of the heroine (while looking up real-life locations in WDW, Anaheim and Burbank), and pretty much gave away the entire movie:

One particular clue was a free Carousel of Progress "archival souvenir NY World's Fair LP from 1964" sent to players to be used in a very special way, and which, when played properly, turned out to be SO spoiler-laden, you'll think you've seen the entire movie--

With that warning (ie. that things start getting a little spoiler-interesting on Side 2, at 7:57)

("We've got big plans in our icebox!" Yeah, I'll bet they do... :cool: )

Disney has apparently created a
"Stop Plus Ultra"
channel on YouTube. The World's Fair LP with secret groove is also synchronized with the Carousel of Progress in this video (basically the same thing that Ejanss linked):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_QnHowli3Y&spfreload=10

I've not watched more than a few minutes because I'm concerned about spoilers.

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mark Booth said:
I honestly don't know how many spoilers are contained in the site I linked or in the videos. My gut tells me that Disney WANTS us to watch this stuff before the movie.

Somehow I made it this far and I haven't seen a single trailer for the movie - there was even an exclusive sneak peak before IMAX showings of "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" and I was able to see Avengers but skip that. For the first time in I can't remember how long, I've got a movie coming up that I'm super excited to see, and yet know very very little about. But I'm really glad you posted all these links because I'm gonna have a lot of fun looking over this stuff after the movie comes out. (Already have opening night tickets!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks