What's new

Mad Max Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

6090_tn.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So I wonder what the difference is between this version and the one that came in that tin from last year (with the other two movies, when Thunderdome dropped on Blu for the first time)?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
TravisR said:
^ They haven't really announced the special features yet but they did say on Facebook that they have an interview with Mel Gibson on there.

Boy, right there is a damn good reason to double dip...NOT! Stop giving us these reissues, give us something that you haven't released before.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
If there's a brand-new transfer included, Day One for me (even though I already own the expensive Warner trilogy-tin). If not, I'll stick with what I already have, though that new cover artwork is absolutely fucking baller.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got the trilogy tin cheap right about when they announced this one as coming. Doh!

Not watched it yet. If this is a better transfer, I'll happily pick it up. something tells me I read that the one in the tin is the same as the one that was out before Warner's licensed it and might not be the greatest transfer ever.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
joshEH said:
If there's a brand-new transfer included, Day One for me (even though I already own the expensive Warner trilogy-tin). If not, I'll stick with what I already have, though that new cover artwork is absolutely fucking baller.

Unless you have only have a few BDs in your collection...and that BD is facing out...then it is "BALLER"...what ever that f*****G means! For most of us with large collections, the cover is the least of our worries. We're not collecting LDs...are we???

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
John Sparks said:
Unless you have only have a few BDs in your collection...and that BD is facing out...then it is "BALLER"...what ever that f*****G means! For most of us with large collections, the cover is the least of our worries. We're not collecting LDs...are we???

Everyone collects for different reasons, and has unique criteria for what might be worthy of collecting. And thank goodness for that; it'd get pretty boring if we were all adhering to the same exact standards!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
MaxMorrow said:
Everyone collects for different reasons, and has unique criteria for what might be worthy of collecting. And thank goodness for that; it'd get pretty boring if we were all adhering to the same exact standards!

To me, there is not one BD cover that stands up to a LD cover!!! You can even frame a LD cover(like an LP)...I have 2 of them that are signed!

My 5000 plus collection of SDs and BDs is unique because a lot of us here on this forum have this large of collection and when I store mine, I only see the spines...unless you have a shi* load of space to be able to store them facing out!!!

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
John Sparks said:
To me, there is not one BD cover that stands up to a LD cover!!! You can even frame a LD cover...I have 2 of them that are signed!

My 4000 plus collection of SDs and BDs is unique because a lot of us here on this forum have this large of collection and when I store mine, I only see the spines...unless you have a shi* load of space to be able to store them facing out!!!

Sounds like an awesome collection you've got there! And of course you (and everyone else) are entitled to enjoy the hobby in whatever manner you decide.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
MaxMorrow said:
Sounds like an awesome collection you've got there! And of course you (and everyone else) are entitled to enjoy the hobby in whatever manner you decide.

Thank you! I mean to say that my collection would not allow me to turn the spines facing you...I don't have the room. They are listed A thru Z, but not any lower than that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
John Sparks said:

JoshEH just said that he liked the cover and even specified that his purchase was contingent on a new transfer. He didn't say that his purchase was based on the cover or that the size of the cover was equal to a laserdisc or that he'd be facing the cover out to look at it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
TravisR said:
JoshEH just said that he liked the cover and even specified that his purchase was contingent on a new transfer. He didn't say that his purchase was based on the cover or that the size of the cover was equal to a laserdisc or that he'd be facing the cover out to look at it.

If you reread the post, he says that the cover is awesome (baller). Since I don't see the cover when they are in my collection, I could care less what the cover looks like...I only want the movie!!!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
John Sparks said:
???

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
John Sparks said:
If you reread the post, he says that the cover is awesome (baller). Since I don't see the cover when they are in my collection, I could care less what the cover looks like...I only want the movie!!!

That's cool. I have a 4K plus collection myself. Most of mine are in numbered boxes. doesn't mean I don't appreciate a baller cover to go with a top notch transfer BRO! ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I too think the artwork is Baller. In fact I'd go as far as saying its downright Pissy. Not a trace of the Grim Giblets!

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Well since the thread's already been derailed, let me ask what it is that American audiences see in this film... how has it wound up being so popular in the US? Here in Australia, I and many of my friends have always seen the first Mad Max movie as a cross between an unintentional comedy and a very poor C grade action flick. Possibly the funniest moment in the film is when we find out that Max's baby is named Sprog - which is Australian slang for semen! And Mel Gibson says it with a straight face!

Anyway the interest in this movie amazes me to this day.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The first Mad Max was one of those movies that captivated viewers of a certain impressionable age when it turned up on HBO around 1980. The overall conception, the kinetic action, the dubbed foreignness of it all, and Gibson made for memorable viewing, not lost on the imitations that followed. And we were further surprised when the concept leaped forward with the sequel.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
joshEH said:

I sold that ugly (and awkward ) tin in anticipation of these films being reissued. Not sure if I'll grab the Shout/Scream Factory release (a short Mel Gibson sound bite isn't enough of an incentive to upgrade IMO) but a French label is releasing steelbook versions of the 3 films later this year. Art hasn't been revealed yet but it HAS to be better than Warner's generic plain vanilla-looking discs. Not sure why that tin is so pricey - it's only worth about $15 WITH the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks