What's new

Dynasty - The Official Thread for all things Carrington & Colby (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Hope this is OK... I've decided to create this dedicated thread for "Dynasty" (and "The Colbys"). Let's talk about our favourite characters, storylines and trivia!

Attachments

• John-Forsythe-Joan-Collins-and-Linda-Evans--Dynasty-1981-1989.jpg
    John-Forsythe-Joan-Collins-and-Linda-Evans--Dynasty-1981-1989.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 787

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Byron great picture to start off the thread. I remember when Ali McGraw was on the show. I was trying to think of all the other stars that came on in different roles. I cannot see why CBS would not release the reunion movie now. I believe the Dallas movies were released on their own after the complete series release.

CBS must know that is very much desired by fans of both of these series.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Ali MacGraw came in during the fifth season (along with Rock Hudson) playing Lady Ashley Mitchell. Originally, I believe, she was written to be a possible love interest for Blake, until John Forsythe put his foot down and more or less said "The only woman in Blake's bed is Krystle".

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
i LOVED this show! (i was a child when i was watching it).

I haven't seen season 1 or the last seasons.

I've just found this:

http://syndicationbible.cbstvd.com/series/dynasty/dynasty.htm

This series has been partially transferred into HD and has the following masters:

Network 4x3 HD (episodes 14 through 217, Seasons 2 - 9. Season 1 not in HD at this time.)

Can we expect Blurays soon?

I want to watch it so much, but I don't want to buy the DVDs if Blurays are on the way...

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
It depends if the DVDs have sold well. Part of the problem with the first season is that it was originally released by Fox, and reissued by CBS/Paramount when they took over releasing the series from Season 2 onwards.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
classicmovieguy said:
It depends if the DVDs have sold well. Part of the problem with the first season is that it was originally released by Fox, and reissued by CBS/Paramount when they took over releasing the series from Season 2 onwards.
And the second-season (1981-82) release was the only full one; the remaining ones beyond that were released in volumes.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Here are 2 rare images of Karen Cellini, the unknown actress chosen to replace Catherine Oxenberg as Amanda in the seventh season. I actually quite enjoyed Karen's performance as Amanda - a bit sweeter, rather earnest, but loveable. The pictures here show Cellini in the gold evening gown originally worn by Oxenberg for the Season 6 cliffhanger (the La Mirage fire), and with Wayne Northrop (who returned as former Carrington chauffeur Michael in Season 7).

10968399_10152811550912779_6569951241103372017_n.jpg
9010_10152811550507779_9176010205808854666_n.jpg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Just hit me was not Pam upset when she died in the hotel fire. She spoke out in the media as I recall I love the Family series and the Blaisedel house was that set.

Good thread my friend.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Mark Collins said:
Just hit me was not Pam upset when she died in the hotel fire. She spoke out in the media as I recall I love the Family series and the Blaisedel house was that set.

Good thread my friend.
Mark Collins said:

Good thread my friend.
Pamela Bellwood thought that Claudia deserved a more dignified farewell. I must agree. In her last season she is every inch the 'Carrington doormat'. I felt that Matthew's shock return at the end of Season 7 was to claim retribution for what had happened to Claudia, as well as his own grievances against the family as a whole.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, if that knucklehead had shown up five years earlier, Claudia would still be alive...and so would he! I also thought Claudia deserved a better fate. At least all the Blaisdells showed up for the cast reunion last week.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Ethan Riley said:
Well, if that knucklehead had shown up five years earlier, Claudia would still be alive...and so would he! I also thought Claudia deserved a better fate. At least all the Blaisdells showed up for the cast reunion last week.
I always think it said a lot that Claudia was the only one from the Blaisdel family that survived the cuts from the first season. She was a very fascinating character, and during the fourth and fifth seasons is I believe one of the strongest positive female voices on the show. I don't think she deserved the exit that Claudia wound up with.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Jack P said:
Here's a link to a vintage article explaining how poor Cellini got axed so quickly. I think she was too much of a change from Oxenberg (especially in terms of the accent) that people) but what happened wasn't her fault and you have to feel bad for what she went through.

http://soapchat.net/index.php?threads/anatomy-of-a-murder-how-karen-cellini-got-axed-from-dynasty.88762/
It's a tragedy that Cellini's career crashed as a result of what went down on "Dynasty". I think if she'd had a few more weeks to find her feet in the part - and some encouragement from the writers - that Karen would have made a good job of it. The accent never bothered me. Emma Samms kind of created a reverse situation when she replaced PS Martin as Fallon.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Any fans of Gerard & Jeanette here? I thought they were wonderful. Love the picture here of William Beckley (as Gerard) goofing off behind Joan Collins, probably during one of the full cast photo sessions.

1425580_10152812469487779_3804638285645332480_n.jpg

10954317_10152811677867779_1692015717407406528_n.jpg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
For my good friend Trace who is digging himself out in New England and healing after a fall. Enjoy this great thread that Byron created. Watch some Dynasty and heal up pal!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Byron I am a great fan of music cues from TV shows. Dark Shadows being my number one favorite. Dynasty though and Dallas has some cues that I really loved. Dynasty had one particular cue that I can remember and just loved it but could never find it again.

The scene was in perhaps season 3 maybe 4. Well Alexis had just lost a board take over to Blake. The clue here is that it was the season that Dex first came on the show. I remember Alexis leaving the board room with this great theme and it was never used again. I believe this show aired around Thanksgiving Eve. I had to make church services and I used my first beta max yes to record the episode.

Perhaps someone here will remember the scene and the theme. I also remember some great scenes with Alexis visiting Sable on the Colbys.

Off topic I loved the Pam and Bobby theme on Dallas. They dropped for a few seasons but revived it in the 1986-87 post dream season.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Actually Joan Collins never once made an appearance as Alexis on "The Colbys". She was not a supporter of "Dynasty" getting a spin-off, believing that it would dilute the impact and popularity of the original show. Collins made it a point to not 'endorse' the show by making a guest appearance, and urged her co-stars to do the same. The only time that Alexis finally met up with Sable was when Sable joined the "Dynasty" cast in Season 9, after "The Colbys" had been cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks