What's new

Paddington (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm astounded or confused. I can't find a thread anywhere about this movie (if I missed it, my apology and please move this to the appropriate place_ . I know this
is supposed to be a Kid Friendly movie that isn't Disney, but after near unanimous positive reviews (often glowingly positive ), a pretty decent Box Office for a non Holiday release, and just wonderful Word of Mouth must say I'm shocked to even have to search.

So -- I went to see this astounding little movie tonight with my wife. Many of her friends have been to see it with either their kids or grandkids over the last couple weeks and not a single bad word has been heard at my house. The kids loved it and the adults were delighted. Standing in the Will Call line I heard at least 3 separate conversations get started and/or joined in by apparent strangers going to see other movies all who had seen Paddington earlier in the week -- every single voice was a massive thumbs up.

After watching this 95 minute gem, I was floored at just how much fun I had without a kid in tow.

Paddington is just a superb little film. Funny, touching, only a little naughty in the right way. While the CGI Bear is incredibly well done, the actors all hold their own though I will admit the incredibly gorgeous Ms Kidman is just a hoot. I don't blame Mr Curry or the Cabbie one little bit.

Admittedly I'm not hard to please at the movies, but this one is an Easy A

Christian T Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Taylor Lee
Hello David, thank you for starting this topic. I too have recently seen this wonderful little film. My wife and I have been trying to find a movie suitable for our sons very first trip to the movie theater (got to get him ready for Star Wars in Dec :)).

We thoroughly enjoyed the film, and our son was good as gold, very attentive and didn’t make a fuss at all, the only time he spoke out was when Peter Capaldi showed up to which he exclaimed “Daddy, it’s the Doctor!!!” which brought a great laugh to the other people in the theater.

Wonderful film and I look forward to getting in on Blu Ray.

Take care,

Christian

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
We had my kids' birthday party at the local movie theater, and Paddington was the feature. The kids all seemed to enjoy it and the adults too. Some kids - especially those who aren't used to going to the movies - were scared, particularly by the scene in the chimney at the end, but generally, it was good film for 5 and 6 year-olds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks