What's new

Streaming audio anomalies (1 Viewer)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I am recovering from something that is limiting my mobility and therefore my ability to pull out a blu ray/DVD. I want to see.

So, I have been streaming more. A movie I have wanted to add to my Vudu library for a bit was The Towering Inferno, even though I have the blu ray.

So, I finally did it for $14.

Well, first of all, after the opening credits, it goes to 16:9 pan and scan (grrr....)

But what is really bothersome is the sound. It is kind of hard to describe and in music heavy scenes it is disguised (meaning I did not pick up on it with the 2 minute preview).

The sound has a tinny, fluctuating presence, especially in the sound effects.

it bothered me enough to call Vudu customer service and, of course, they spent a lot of time trying to convince me it was unique to my system. Although I played a cut on the ipad and the sound fluctuation was there.

Then, they tried to tell me the movie sounded that way naturally and so I told them I have the blu ray and that is not how the movie sounded.

My opinion is that the sound is suffering from a compression issue. So, I was told they will look into it and squeezed out a $4.95 credit.

I have heard this audio problem before in streaming material. It just mattered here because I paid $14 for it.

I wonder if others here know the type of audio problem I talk about.

P

Patrick Donahue

Audio from streaming is very compressed and sounds nothing like it does on blu-ray. IMO streaming picture quality is very comparable but audio... not so much. I don't have Towering Inferno to listen myself but I have a feeling that's what you're experiencing...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks