What's new

Star Wars Battle Pod: The arcade is back, baby! (1 Viewer)

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I'm in Tulsa and got an email this morning from Dave & Buster's saying they now have it and it's exclusive to them in this market.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
D&B's TV commercials here also say it's exclusive. I've never been to a D&B's -- maybe it's time to investigate. Chuck E. Cheese for kidults, right? :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Aaron Silverman said:
D&B's TV commercials here also say it's exclusive. I've never been to a D&B's -- maybe it's time to investigate. Chuck E. Cheese for kidults, right? :)
And priced accordingly. Not cheap, from what I recall. But that was a decade ago the last time I was at one.

I can't get into $1/play video games when I've got a PS4 at home. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, Chuck E. isn't so bad, as long as you get their email coupons. I used to take my son and for $30 we'd get lunch and enough tokens to play for 2-3 hours.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I kind of hate D&Bs. It's a bit expensive, they use these point cards instead of change/tokens, and it's always full of kids even though it is marketed as for adults. I can buy a case of beer, order some pizza, and hang out with friends at home for the sum total of like 2 meals and drinks at D&Bs.

And while I may not have the Battle Pod at home, I do have a lot of other things.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You've just described a night out at any bar, restaurant or movie. Of course they are more expensive than what you can do at home, but your home doesn't have either the ambiance or crowd that going to one of those does, and that may or may not be valuable to you but it sure is to a lot of other people.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I tend to hate the ambiance/crowd aspect of D&B's, movie theaters, bars, restaurants, etc. I like to go to somewhere because the food is good or the prices are good, not because the decor looks nice and there's a lot of strangers.

Coincidentally, I was at the Times Square D&B's yesterday. Had to kill a couple hours with a friend while our fiancee's were seeing a show. The Power Hour pass is a good deal ($10, play all of the non-ticket games you want for an hour) so we did that. Never got a chance to play Battle Pod because there was always a couple people waiting for it. The one time we tried to wait for it, a father and his daughter played through 2 or 3 levels and were taking a while to finish up. It looks really neat but isn't something that I'd have to go to an arcade multiple times to check out.

Also, neat the end of our time there, the place was completely full of kids. And not just "young people," but annoying kids who were running around and yelling at each other and hogging the machines. That's when we decided we were definitely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks